Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

i am looking for a fanless cpu cooler

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_nickko_*

Guest_nickko_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 01 October 2014 - 11:18 AM

good afternoon to all,

i am looking for a fanless cpu cooler like the zalmam fx70 and i wish to have your suggestions

zalmam fx70 cooler is within my budget but i am sure that other and cheaper options must be available

i do not know if up to five degrees lower temp is possible with a fan less cooler

my cpu is a little celeron g530 with the stock intel cooler

i do not have any issues with my cpu temp since now and the max temp under full load (after 2.5 hours video rendering) is 54 celsious through hw32_426 and aida64

many thanks in advance

Edited by hamluis, 01 October 2014 - 11:25 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,127 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2014 - 11:47 AM

Your CPU stated max is 69 Celsius.

Your temps when rendering are in low-mid 50s.

I would not bother to change anything myself, since that's plenty of room.

My CPU (FX 8320) max is 62 Celsius and when rendering, my temps are in mid-upper 50s, using stock fan/heatsink.  I don't see a problem for my system.  I know that some users like to gloat over temps far below the max upper limit...but I take no comfort from such.  If it runs below a given temp with no problems...that's good enough for me.  Running it a lower temp won't make it perform one whit better.

No one ever said that a CPU runs better when temps are in the lower range...a range is given to indicate that the CPU will perform well with no problems...as long as temps are IN the specified range.  That's how I look at it.

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 01 October 2014 - 11:48 AM.

#3 Guest_nickko_*

Guest_nickko_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 02 October 2014 - 08:48 AM

god afternoon dear sir hamluis

i thank you very much for your kind and detailed reply

i fully understood

thanks again

#4 jonuk76

jonuk76

• Members
  • 2,180 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:05 PM

Posted 02 October 2014 - 09:18 AM

Various CPU coolers can be used fanless but will still need at least a case fan to ensure hot air is removed from the enclosure.  They also tend to be very large.  For example, I have a Thermalright HR02 which I am using with the supplied 140mm fan, but it can be used fanless on low TDP CPU's.  The 140mm fan on it is essentially silent at 600 rpm (which is what it spins at during idle on my PC).  At the max 1250 rpm (which I've set it to run only when CPU temps rise above 60) it is slightly audible but still quiet.  It is outweighed by the combined noise of the graphics card fan, case fans and PSU fans in my PC..  It's still as a whole, very quiet compared to some PC's I've owned in the past though.

Making a virtually silent system is about more than just using a fanless CPU cooler.  All other components - case, power supply, graphics card, case fans, disks and so on need to be considered.  It may actually end up quieter using a very efficient CPU cooler with a slow fan (and in some PC's you can program the fan speed so that it only comes on above a certain temperature), rather than using a fanless CPU cooler but finding you have to compensate by running more powerful case fans to deal with the heat.

7sbvuf-6.png

#5 Guest_nickko_*

Guest_nickko_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 03 October 2014 - 08:54 AM

good afternoon dear onuk76

i thank you very much for your detailed reply

yes, i fully understand all that you have said

thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users