Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

MBAM won't install

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Wallywa617

Wallywa617

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:09 AM

Posted 01 October 2014 - 10:30 AM

Malwarebyes Anti-Malware won't install on my computer. I have a compaq cq-60 series with windows 7. It appears that something is preventing it from installing properly so it'll run. I really need this to install and run so I can clean the malware off it. Tried the chameleon program too.  My sister's boyfriend told me to post here because you all are super helpful he said.

Edited by hamluis, 01 October 2014 - 10:53 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 teresa470

teresa470

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:09 AM

Posted 01 October 2014 - 10:59 AM

You should be able to run spyware removal software that will do a boot scan. AVG Rescue CD is free to download. The only downfall to this is that you will need a clean pc to install it to a CD or USB memory stick. You have the choice to download either version, but your computer will need to be able to boot from a USB device to use the USB installation. Boot your computer with the CD or USB stick. Choose to update the software ( you will need an internet connection) and then go through the options to run the software.AVG has a guide at http://www.avg.com/us-en/226386

I hope this helps.

#3 Wallywa617

Wallywa617
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2014 - 11:01 AM

So I tried using AVG before. Completely crashed my computer to the point where it would turn on only to go to a fatal system error screen and I had to do a system reboot to get it to load. It also rendered my only USB unuseable and if i put it in my computer it crashes my computer now. So I'd really really like to stay away from AVG

Edited by Wallywa617, 01 October 2014 - 11:08 AM.

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,331 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2014 - 11:07 AM

Uninstall it completely then reinstall and run.

To uninstall Malwarebytes Anti-Malware from your computer, please use our Malwarebytes Clean Uninstall Tool, mbam-clean.exe. This tool was created to completely remove all traces of the program from your computer.

To use the utility:
1.Download and run mbam-clean.exe
2.Restart your computer when prompted.

Note: This tool will completely remove any settings you have configured, your license information, and anything else related to Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. If you need to save any of these, please do not run this tool.

>>>

=================================================== Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free and Malwarebytes Chameleon ----------
  • Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free and save it to your desktop
  • Double click the desktop icon, click Run, then OK
  • Click Next
  • Select I accept the agreement then continue to click Next then finally click Install
  • Uncheck Enable free trial of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium if you do not want the free trial of the paid version, then click Finish
  • If you are notified the Database is out of date click Update Now
  • Click Scan Now >>
----------
  • Note: If Malwarebytes will not launch please do the following to launch Malwarebytes Chameleon:
  • Click Start (Start, Search, All files and folders for Windows XP) then type mbam
  • Double click one of the four following files (if one does not work try the next one, and so on) - A black command window will open. Follow those instructions until the Malwarebytes program starts the scan

mbam-chameleon.scr mbam-chameleon mbam-chameleon.exe mbam-chameleon.com

----------
  • When completed click the down arrow on Export Log and select Text file (*.txt)
  • Save the file to your desktop as MBAM
  • Click Apply Actions then restart your computer if requested
  • Copy and past the contents of MBAM.txt in your reply

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 Wallywa617

Wallywa617
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2014 - 11:27 AM

that worked!!! It finally installed without all the "runtime errors" and opened for me! now it's scanning! thank you so much!!

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,331 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2014 - 12:15 PM

Cool!! post the log when done.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users