Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

where does my previous mail went?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 heart_brain

heart_brain

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:57 AM

Posted 01 October 2014 - 05:17 AM

I try to set up a new account on ms outlook so i follow,

the instruction in google i used pop3 at first i view the mails in mywebmail.syra.com.au i see there are around 3k mails and lots still coming. so my boss suggested you can use ms outlook so i look in google and follow instruction how to do it so i used pop3 then i look at the message not the same message appeared on ms outlook i could not see the mail that been send in the body of reply message not like in mywebmail.syra.com.au result so, i went back to mywebmail.syra.com.au the mails was gone so i was thinking that may be i could not open the mails at the same time so i removed the account on my ms outlook system hope that i will appeared in mywebmail.syra.com.au but still none. so i set up again a new account on ms out look hoping i was still there but none.

so i wonder where did all that more than 3k mail went since i did not deleted it i just removed the account on my ms outlook system.

pls. answer me if one of you knew where i could fine it?

Edited by hamluis, 01 October 2014 - 04:31 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Web Browsing/Email - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 teresa470

teresa470

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:57 PM

Posted 01 October 2014 - 11:27 AM

It could be that MS Outlook was set to delete the mail on the server after downloading it. I didn't think that this option was set automatically, but I could be wrong. It this is what happened, then your mail has been deleted from your web account.

#3 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:04:57 PM

Posted 01 October 2014 - 11:54 AM

Teresa is correct.

Your mail was downloaded from the webmail server to Outlook, which removed it from webmail since you did not have leave a copy of messages on the server checked in Outlook.

When you deleted the account in Outlook you also deleted the mail that was in Outlook.

There may be a way you can recover the mail but someone else will have to address that as I know nothing about Outlook.

#4 Bruggs

Bruggs

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:57 PM

Posted 01 October 2014 - 12:40 PM

Yes, I forgot what option I used when I used Outlook for a .mil email. But, it downloaded all the emails to my machine and stopped sending emails to the online account. There's a setting to change that. But, the ones you had may be gone.

#5 heart_brain

heart_brain
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:57 AM

Posted 02 October 2014 - 04:16 AM

ohh... so it was deleted then i thought it was still there thank you for all you comments does all make since so that pop3 settings really delete the mails and get the mail from server itself and no copy too bad hope ms outlook do something about it and hope other bloggers should aware the readers abou the disadvantage of the settings they posted on how to set up ms out look using the pop3 and imap God bless you.

Edited by heart_brain, 02 October 2014 - 04:24 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users