Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bluetooth problem??

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sahara74

sahara74

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:00 PM

Posted 01 October 2014 - 03:28 AM

I have a Toshiba Qosmio notebook with Intel Core i7 2630QM processor, and I'm running windows 7.

Earlier today my Toshiba bluetooth laser mouse stopped working. I have checked and changed batteries and they are fine. In the past when I've lost bluetooth connectivity of my mouse I've used Toshiba's Bluetooth Settings application to reconnect. However, when I attempt to open this program nothing happens...very frustrating. I have rebooted numerous times but it has made no difference. I cannot run Toshiba's Bluetooth Assistant program either.

I have another bluetooth mouse (made by microsoft) but I've been unable to connect to this one either. In fact when I try to connect either bluetooth mouse via Control Panel > Devices and Printers > Add device, neither mouse is even recognised. 

I have noticed under Task Manager > Services that TOSHIBA Bluetooth Services is "stopped". When I attempt to start it I get an "Access denied" message. So I went to Start > Services.exe and found TOSHIBA Bluetooth Service in the list of services. I changed the Startup Type to "Automatic" and then attempted to start the service. This failed, with the error message:

Windows could not start the TOSHIBA Bluetooth service on Local Computer

Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

I'm really not sure whether I'm dealing with a hardware or software problem here. Any ideas?

Thanks and Regards.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sahara74

sahara74
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:00 PM

Posted 01 October 2014 - 03:35 AM

p.s. It might mean nothing but I've also just noticed that a Windows update was automatically installed just before the problem initiated.

Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Ststems (KB3001554)

#3 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,333 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 PM

Posted 02 October 2014 - 07:34 AM

Go out to toshiba's website and get the newest bluetooth driver for your model computer. Install that and restart then test blue tooth again. You could also try using a restore point to just before the issue happened. If the update caused the issue, you could uninstall that specific update and verify that. Windows update frequently break things in my experience.

If I am helping you with a problem and I have not responded within 48 hours please send me a PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users