Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

stuck on windows error screen

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ebeamon

ebeamon

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:56 AM

Posted 01 October 2014 - 12:59 AM

I have a gateway zx6900-01e. It started out not booting up windows correctly and having a white screen.i manually turn it off and we boot i get prompt to run in safe m i de...it just boots back up to white screen.. I turn it off and on again..now its on windows error recovery screen with two prompts..start windows nomally or launch windows error manager to fix problem. It will not do either..i restart again, tried esc, alt f8, f10 f12.. Still same the same windows revovery screen. It times out to zero then loads up again..going in circles

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:56 AM

Posted 01 October 2014 - 02:44 AM

You may want to boot and continuously press the F8 key until you get to your advanced boot options. Select the Repair Computer prompt and this will take you to a repair environment. Run the System Restore and restore the computer back to a date that it worked. Try this and see if it boots normally from there.

Gavin Seabrook

#3 ICT_Tech

ICT_Tech

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:56 PM

Posted 01 October 2014 - 03:27 AM

gavinseabrook,

This could well work but unlikely system restore rarely works for me and all depends if system restore is turned on and there are restore points available since you can not access safe mode you are going to need external resources  to help you with this issue.  

first off is there any data you need off the hard drive or are you one in a million that does back up there data?

I can help with suggestions of repair once we know this also do you have the system recovery disc's answer probably not if you do I would suggest at this point a fresh install but do not do this step without getting vital data off first. 

Edited by ICT_Tech, 01 October 2014 - 03:27 AM.

#4 ebeamon

ebeamon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:56 AM

Posted 19 October 2014 - 04:06 PM

No I dont need any info on it and no unfortunately I dont have the recovery disks. You right gavinseabrook the repair just keep going round and round and  does not work at all. I will need some outside help bu I cant access anything

#5 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,480 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:56 AM

Posted 21 October 2014 - 10:33 PM

Try shift+f8. Are you using two antivirus programs? Another person on BC had a white screen issue and that was the cause. Running two virus scanners at same time is a no no.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users