Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Update Trouble

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bolharr2250

bolharr2250

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:04 AM

Posted 30 September 2014 - 11:54 PM

Hello! I'm having a bit of trouble running Windows Update on my Microsoft Windows 7 Home Preimium Dell Inspiron device. I did a lot of virus removal today, and I belive that this is because of the after-effects of the viruses.

When I try to update, I get error 80070570

So I reasearched this and it said to try and install windows Update Agent, which I did. When running said program, I get the message in the attachments.

Any help is appreciated!

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,226 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:04 AM

Posted 01 October 2014 - 12:18 AM

The error code indicates a file or files associated with Windows Update are corrupt or unreadable.

Try resetting Windows Updates. You can run the FixIt tool, or if that doesn't fix it, go through the manual steps listed under the link for the Fixit tool. http://support2.microsoft.com/kb/971058

Then try installing the latest Windows Update agent.

#3 bolharr2250

bolharr2250
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:04 AM

Posted 01 October 2014 - 09:35 AM

That seems to have worked! Thank you so much!

#4 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,226 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:04 AM

Posted 01 October 2014 - 01:06 PM

You're welcome. Glad that's resolved. :thumbup2:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users