Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ctrl keys intermittently not working

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Alduin's Khajiit

Alduin's Khajiit

• Banned
  • 167 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:35 PM

Posted 30 September 2014 - 11:11 PM

on a dell Inspiron 1525,I have an issue where both ctrl keys intermittently do not work. both the left ctrl and the right ctrl observe the same behavior, failing to work esp. when hitting ctrl+V and holding ctrl to deselect things in photoshop. also in windows explorer, if I hold ctrl to select multiple files, they don't but continuing to hold ctrl and clicking on a file multiple times it will "eventually" select it without releasing the ctrl the whole time. I never use right ctrl until testing it and same issue occurs on that ctrl as well.I am thinking this is software related because ctrl is the only key observing the behavior and both ctrl keys have the exact behavior; same frequency. I googled the problem but nothing came up

Edited by Alduin's Khajiit, 30 September 2014 - 11:11 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 ICT_Tech

ICT_Tech

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:35 PM

Posted 01 October 2014 - 02:16 AM

I would suggest cleaning the keyboard reseating keyboard ribbon and trying again there could be a sticky key or an unclean key on CTRL this is an easy enough task to do then run some keyboard tests which I can go though after with you. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users