Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My laptop (HP, Win8) has been infected with CryptoWall Ransomware a few days ago

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kpsung

kpsung

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:26 AM

Posted 30 September 2014 - 10:22 PM

My laptop (HP, Win8) has been infected with CryptoWall Ransomware a few days ago.

I already restored the laptop to my factory default settings.

Everything has cleaned now, but I have some important files on my external hard drive which were also infected with this CryptoWall virus at the same time.

Someone told me if I post here, someone might help me to decrypt my files using his supercomputer with a brute-force attack.

I am not going to pay even 1 cent to the criminals, and I'd rather call a police.

I need someone who could help me.

Does anyone know when we may get a solution site as https://www.decryptcryptolocker.com/ for this CryptoWall in the future ?

Thanks.

Edited by kpsung, 30 September 2014 - 10:33 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 kpsung

kpsung
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:26 AM

Posted 01 October 2014 - 11:09 PM

FYI, breaking RSA-2048-bit SSL certificate would take about 4.3 billion times longer (using the same standard desktop processing) than doing it for a 1024-bit key.

It is therefore estimated, that standard desktop computing power would take 4,294,967,296 x 1.5 million years (a little over 6.4 quadrillion years) to break RSA-2048-bit SSL certificate.

#3 xXToffeeXx

xXToffeeXx

Bleepin' Polar Bear

• Malware Response Instructor
  • 6,015 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 PM

Posted 04 October 2014 - 07:06 AM

Hi,

A repository of all current knowledge regarding CryptoWall is provided by Grinler (aka Lawrence Abrams), in this tutorial: CryptoWall and DECRYPT_INSTRUCTION Ransomware Information Guide and FAQ

There is also a lengthy ongoing discussion in this topic: CryptoWall - new variant of CryptoDefense. Rather than have everyone start individual topics, it would be best (and more manageable for staff) if you posted any questions, comments or requests for assistance in that topic discussion.

Thanks
The BC Staff 

~If I am helping you and you have not had a reply from me in two days, please send me a PM~

~Currently in my last year of school, so replies might be more delayed~

logo-25.pngID Ransomware - Identify What Ransomware Encrypted Your Files [Support Topic] - If we have helped you out and you want to support what we do, you can do so here

~Twitter~ | ~Malware Analyst at Emsisoft~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users