Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

RAID problem

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Bik

Bik

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:53 PM

Posted 30 September 2014 - 09:40 PM

Hello. I'm running Win 7 Pro 64 bit on a Dell XPC 8100 Core 15 with 6 Gb of RAM. And RAID which is the problem.

Until recently RAID always worked fine. However after running a scan with Slim Drivers which recommended a new driver I installed that driver and ever since I've had the notification that "Intel RST service is not running".

Could some kind person talk me through the process of removing this driver and installing a proper one?

Just wanted to add though not pertinent here that I've also had problems with services not starting recently, including Windows Update, and I found your Windows Repair (All in One) from Tweaking.com to be a wonderful resource.

Thanks

Bik

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,520 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:53 AM

Posted 30 September 2014 - 11:40 PM

The new drivers needs that service to run. Go to run and type services.msc and press enter. Look for the Intel Rapid Storage Technology (IRST) Set it to run automatically and start the service.

#3 Bik

Bik
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:53 PM

Posted 01 October 2014 - 07:22 AM

Oh dear. I tried that but the service seems to be missing - not just disabled but altogether missing!

Very strange.

Any way I could get it back and running that you know???

The array itself seems to be fine. I have just run My Dell PC checkup and it says that RAID (and everything else) is fine.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,757 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2014 - 08:53 AM

Try doing a System Restore.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,520 posts
  •  

Posted 02 October 2014 - 05:54 AM

If that drivers program has a backup/restore feature you could try that. Or as DC3 suggested try doing a restore point roll back. Go to start and type rstrui.exe and choose a restore point prior to your problem.

Edited by technonymous, 02 October 2014 - 05:55 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users