Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet/Wifi cuts off

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Mayakim

Mayakim

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:55 AM

Posted 30 September 2014 - 08:51 PM

While using my laptop ,few times my internet/wifi connection gets cut off.

I have spoke to someone on the forum thinking it was an virus or malaware but going through multiple steps we have dismissed that thought. 

If you anyone can help me on this I will be the most grateful. 

previous post

Steps we went through
- Ruled out malware
- Replaced AVG
- Flushed DNS/Reset Winsock/Reset TCP/IP
- Confirmed issue isolated to this machine
- Power cycled router/modem
- Reinstalled network adapter
- Troubleshooted in clean boot environment
- Reset router

Edited by hamluis, 02 October 2014 - 09:16 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Networking - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ICT_Tech

ICT_Tech

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 PM

Posted 01 October 2014 - 01:59 AM

what is your ISP (internet service Provider)

#3 exus69

exus69

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:25 PM

Posted 01 October 2014 - 02:18 AM

Have you checked your laptop with another's wifi and checked your current wifi with another laptop/mobile/tablet??

If yes, then it can probably be a hardware issue with ur laptop wifi adapter.

EDIT: Also check wireless lan connectivity with other computers or try the ad hoc mode connection with another laptop

without the router.

Edited by exus69, 01 October 2014 - 02:28 AM.

#4 Mayakim

Mayakim
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2014 - 07:48 PM

what is your ISP (internet service Provider)

Clearwire

Have you checked your laptop with another's wifi and checked your current wifi with another laptop/mobile/tablet??

If yes, then it can probably be a hardware issue with ur laptop wifi adapter.

EDIT: Also check wireless lan connectivity with other computers or try the ad hoc mode connection with another laptop

without the router.

Yes it works pretty well w/other wifi connections

Actually when it cuts off longer than usual I do a internet diagnostic w/troubleshooter and it says network adapter proble, 

#5 exus69

exus69

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:25 PM

Posted 02 October 2014 - 12:58 AM

What do u mean by internet connection gets cut off?? Does it mean that you are connected to the router

and the browsing slows down and then gets cut off?? Or you get disconnected from your wifi

suddenly altogether with the wifi icon indicating that you are not connected to any wifi network??

Try using another laptop or mobile or tablet with your current wifi and confirm whether ur facing the same

issue with other devices as well or not??

#6 Mayakim

Mayakim
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 02 October 2014 - 01:28 PM

What do u mean by internet connection gets cut off?? Does it mean that you are connected to the router

and the browsing slows down and then gets cut off?? Or you get disconnected from your wifi

suddenly altogether with the wifi icon indicating that you are not connected to any wifi network??

Try using another laptop or mobile or tablet with your current wifi and confirm whether ur facing the same

issue with other devices as well or not??

Both honestly, usually my connections randomly cuts off and reconnects within two-three minutes. But sometimes my wifi gets disconnected. 

I am connected to a router, its literally in the next room and the wifi icon has like 2-3 bars, sometimes goes down to 1 :/

I have used my sisters laptop when she is over here it works fine,its just mine.  

Edited by Mayakim, 02 October 2014 - 09:18 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users