Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Please help

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 GingaOnFire

GingaOnFire

• Banned
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:08 PM

Posted 30 September 2014 - 04:21 PM

Hello, I have a Allwinner A23 Tablet. I want to get a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0. Would this be a decent upgrade? I know I would be going down one or two versions....but I would be upgrading in performance. I have a TF/SD Card in my current tablet. If I put that in a new one would it have all the apps on the card on the tablet? What would happen? On my current tablet I have the TF/SD Card in and it gives me a lot of extra space but when I go to download more apps it just say I have insufficient storage available. How do I fix this? Would this not happen on the Samsung? Please answer my questions. Thank You. I really do appreciate it, it really helps.         

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,275 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:08 PM

Posted 30 September 2014 - 04:47 PM

I don't see the upgrade if you're going down 2 versions in OS. Better hardware with a less robust OS is not an upgrade.

If you want the Samsung because it's a Samsung, get it. But trying to justify the purchase the way you are is not realistic.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 Kewbla

Kewbla

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:08 PM

Posted 17 October 2014 - 10:49 AM

If you are ok rooting and flashing roms, grabbing a more powerful tablet in hardware terms is worth it. If you aren't then id wait till you find one that suits your needs with more up to date os. Nexus devices are cheap, decent hardware and receive ota updates of the newest android.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users