Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sync or no Sync

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Beaker77

Beaker77

• Members
  • 167 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:04 AM

Posted 30 September 2014 - 10:03 AM

I have looked at syncing extensions in Chrome on the web and get the message that syncing is only necessary when two or more computers are involved.

It does not spell it out bluntly.

Can one of  our experts simply answer this question ?

I  have only one computer and am the only person using it. Do I need to sync anything at all ?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pcpunk

pcpunk

• Members
  • 5,882 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:04 AM

Posted 01 October 2014 - 02:19 PM

I have looked at syncing extensions in Chrome on the web and get the message that syncing is only necessary when two or more computers are involved.

It does not spell it out bluntly.

Can one of  our experts simply answer this question ?

I  have only one computer and am the only person using it. Do I need to sync anything at all ?

Love the avatar username connection LOL!

I am not expert but this option indeed does not need to be used unless more than one computer or Operating system is being used.  It is simply a way of getting all your information "Synched" to your other computers or Operating systems if you have more than one OS on one computer.

Example, I am dual booting Linux with Windows XP.  On linux I am using, for example...Google Chrome.  Now, to get all my settings and favorites over to my Windows XP Google Chrome I need to "Sync" and that is all there is to it.  If you don't understand fire away. 

Sometimes a person wants to have their settings different on different OS's so one would not want to "Sync" as I have learned LOL.  see ya

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

KDE, Ruler of all Distro's

eps2.4_m4ster-s1ave.aes_pcpunk_leavemehere

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users