Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows cant connect to network

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dronetek

dronetek

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:30 PM

Posted 30 September 2014 - 08:27 AM

So  I'm working on this guys laptop and I cant figure out why he's unable to connect to his network. He says other devices and computers have no trouble connecting wireless to his network. When his laptop was at my shop, he had no problems connecting to our network. 

-I've tried shutting down anti-virus/firewall

-Resetting tcp/ip

-Encryption is correct

-Scanned for maleware/spyware/virus

-reset router

Any ideas? 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Ivy74

Ivy74

• Members
  • 219 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 PM

Posted 30 September 2014 - 08:58 AM

How old is the computer? I ask for it's possible his network is newer (newer devices) and an old laptop (which I have seen) can't connect to newer devices. We resolved this by using a USB wireless device. The other thing I seen is an old Wireless profile is remembered and causes the issue. Simple fix is wipe out the Wireless profile associated to that wireless network on the computer in question. Then try again. 

***Note***

My job has blocked Europe by the firewall which means I can't access this site from the office anymore. So I will barely be here if at all. In case you cared.  :smash:

#3 chanchong chau

chanchong chau

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 AM

Posted 02 October 2014 - 03:18 AM

it seems to me the problem facing me repeatedly, ie hardware or whatever not recognized etc, has  to do with something missing from windows. as an amateur i can't figure it out. IT support people once deleted or uninstalled many things from the pc but trouble returns. question may not be put clearly to get a solution. i hope to arrive at a solution on reading more on the topic.

#4 Ivy74

Ivy74

• Members
  • 219 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 PM

Posted 02 October 2014 - 10:32 AM

it seems to me the problem facing me repeatedly, ie hardware or whatever not recognized etc, has  to do with something missing from windows. as an amateur i can't figure it out. IT support people once deleted or uninstalled many things from the pc but trouble returns. question may not be put clearly to get a solution. i hope to arrive at a solution on reading more on the topic.

Any option to reload the OS? Sometimes I found after doing this so long it's just easier to backup the data, format, and reload the OS. We can continue to try to help but such issues can get tricky via forum. I would be more help if I was at the PC. 

***Note***

My job has blocked Europe by the firewall which means I can't access this site from the office anymore. So I will barely be here if at all. In case you cared.  :smash:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users