Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello, new user wondering about a difficult uninstall: Valet

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 lmalinofsky

lmalinofsky

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:37 PM

Posted 30 September 2014 - 05:53 AM

Hello, it's good to be where ComboFix came from.  That has saved my bacon many times.  (I am working in software these days as a troubleshooting engineer.)

So I installed a Cisco Valet connector for a temporary wireless network and now the large, annoying red entry, taking up the slot for Disk D:\, will not leave its usurped place inside My Computer.  I found the official Microsoft link for uninstalling this nuisance (it is not present in Control Panel uninstall).  The Microsoft FixYa downloaded a third party uninstaller, which did not work since Valet or the other names it might have could not be found.  Then I did a listing of all autoruns and did not find it.  Then I searched the registry for Valet and every time I found anything related I zapped it.

Now, the emblem still sits, smugly in My Computer window.  It just won't go, and I don't want to run Combo Fix just for this (assuming it is available for Windows 7).  Anyone got an answer?

Thank you,

Leon Malinofsky

Edited by hamluis, 30 September 2014 - 10:25 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to External Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users