Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Slow computer - CPU Usage - Graphics issues

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 ConcernedGuy

ConcernedGuy

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:46 AM

Posted 30 September 2014 - 04:30 AM

My Computer information:

Windows 7 Home Premium SP 1

i3-2120 @ 3.30GHz

6.00GB RAM (5.88 free)

64 bit

HD Radeon 7800 GPU

Fairly reliable 30 down 5 up internet speed, only had problems w/ packet loss from ISP but that was resolved.

This is what I have done, I downloaded and ran seperately, rebooting after every scan: ComboFix - MalwareBytes - and CC Cleaner. some of the scans turned up random things, that didn't look very malicious to me and i removed/quarantined them and rebooted. This was about a week ago. 

I have 2 monitors, I use my computer to play league of legends and run a business from home.

I restored my computer to factory settings a week ago, using dell DataSafe Local backup.

Sometimes when I have a livestream on my 2nd monitor, and am playing a game, my windows creates an error message saying that it's disabling aero scheme, not really a big deal, but now my computer is randomly having high cpu usage, while playing and watching a stream, which hasn't been an issue ever until now. I have been doing this for over a year. Everything is responding very sluggishly especially web browser things, and i've uninstalled and reinstalled google chrome. 

I feel like this is something maybe in the registry, which I admittedly know almost nothing about, or some kind of serious underlying issue and I would greatly appreciate anyones help on fixing it. I have no idea where to start, from the other posts i've read you guys are absolutely great!

I've also been experiencing strange in-game (league of legends) non-server related lag (FPS lag) that I've never had before as well. My drivers are all up to date.

I don't really know how it works, but I do like i said have 2 monitors, and i have both the original Intel HD Graphics enabled in device manager, and the Radeon enabled as well. Although i don't believe it's an issue to do w/ the GPU but the computer itself.

I'm going to bed now, it is 4:30 AM here and i've been up all night trying to fix it. I will do whatever you guys ask me to do tests/post results as soon as I wake up tomorrow, and once again I greatly greatly appreciate anyone who takes the time to help me!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,756 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:46 AM

Posted 30 September 2014 - 05:29 AM

This is what I have done, I downloaded and ran seperately, rebooting after every scan: ComboFix - MalwareBytes - and CC Cleaner. some of the scans turned up random things, that didn't look very malicious to me and i removed/quarantined them and rebooted.

Since you already ran Combofix, its log should be thoroughly reviewed by trained experts before proceeding further. A log should have been created and saved to the root directory, usually C:\ComboFix.txt. Reviewing that log would be helpful in resolving your issue but ComboFix logs are not permitted in this forum so we cannot continue here.

Please follow the instructions in the Preparation Guide For Requesting Help starting at Step 6.
  • If you cannot complete a step, then skip it and continue with the next.
  • In Step 6 there are instructions for downloading and running DDS which will create two logs. (Note: Windows 8.1 Users will not be able run DDS and create a log)
When you have done that, start a new topic and post the required logs to include your ComboFix log in the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs forum, NOT here, for assistance by the Malware Response Team Experts.
-- ComboFix logs are not permitted in this forum.

After doing this, please reply back in this thread with a link to the new topic so we can closed this one.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 ConcernedGuy

ConcernedGuy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 30 September 2014 - 03:04 PM

test

#4 ConcernedGuy

ConcernedGuy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 30 September 2014 - 04:03 PM

Here is the link to the new thread - with updated issue - BotNet infection per my ISP.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/550335/serious-issue-botnets-decayed-computer-performance/

#5 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,756 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:46 AM

Posted 30 September 2014 - 04:14 PM

Now that your log is posted, you should NOT make further changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc) unless advised by a Malware Response Team member...nor should you continue to ask for help elsewhere. Doing so can result in system changes which may not show in the log(s) you already posted. Further, any modifications you make on your own may cause confusion for the member assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process or make things worst which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer.

From this point on the Malware Response Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.

Please be patient. It may take several days to get a response because the Malware Response Team members are very busy working logs posted before yours. They are volunteers who will help you out as soon as possible. Once you have posted your log and are waiting, please DO NOT "bump" your post or make another reply until it has been responded to by a member of the Malware Response Team. Generally the staff checks the forum for postings that have 0 replies as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response there will be 1 reply. A team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another Malware Response Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.

If HelpBot replies to your topic, please follow Step One and CLICK the link so it will report your topic to the team members.

To avoid confusion, I am closing this topic.

Good luck with your log.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users