Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Please Help

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 gunop

gunop

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:29 AM

Posted 10 June 2006 - 03:33 AM

Please help I'm desperate! Antispywarebox adware is installed on my system and I cant get it off. I've searched with webroot spy sweeper and yahoo anti-spy and I still have parts of it auto loading. I've managed to thwart the homepage jacker but that is all. It pops up and opens my browser like every 2 minutes. This program is horrible and I can't find it to remove it.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rookie147

rookie147

• Members
  • 5,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:29 PM

Posted 10 June 2006 - 03:57 AM

Hi gunop,
First of all, make sure all your virus definitions etc. are fully up-to-date.
If you haven't already, install the free versions of AVG, Spybot Search & Destroy and Lavasoft's Ad-Aware, again making sure these are fully updated.
Restart your computer into Safe Mode (by tapping F8 at the loading screen, right after your computer beeps) and then run the AVG scan and then the anti-spyware programs.
Hopefully it'll clear it all up and you can be up and running.

If this does not work, I would suggest posting a HijackThis Log for one of our experts to analyse for you. I would recommend that you do not try to manually remove this spyware using HJT, but let an expert walk you through it, to avoid messing up your computer.
Please follow this tutorial before posting your HijackThis Log:
Preparation guide Before Posting A HijackThis Log

Hope this helps,
Charles

If you are pleased with the service I have offered, you may like to consider making a donation. Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,267 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:29 AM

Posted 10 June 2006 - 11:35 AM

After doing the above scans, do this:

You should print out these instructions, or copy them to a NotePad file for reading while in Safe Mode, because you will not be able to connect to the Internet to read from this site.

Please download, install and update Ewido Anti-Malware v3.5. DO NOT perform a scan yet..
Print out the Ewido Install and Scan Instructions.

Go here and follow the instructions for using SmitfraudFix. Read "How to unzip/extract properly" if your not sure.
After using the tool reboot again in "SAFE MODE" and

Clean out your Temporary Internet files as follows:
  • Quit Internet Explorer and quit any instances of Windows Explorer.
  • Click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click Internet Options.
  • On the General tab, click "Delete Files" under Temporary Internet Files.
  • In the Delete Files dialog box, tick the "Delete all offline content check box", and then click "OK".
  • On the General tab, click "Delete Cookies" under Temporary Internet Files, and then click "OK".
  • Click on the Programs tab then click the Reset Web Settings button. Click "Apply" then "OK".
  • Click "OK".
Next Click Start, click Control Panel and then double-click Display. Click on the Desktop tab, then click the Customize Desktop button. Click on the Web tab. Under Web Pages you should see a checked entry called Security info or something similar. If it is there, select that entry and click the Delete button. Click "Ok" then "Apply" and "Ok".

Start Windows Explorer and delete these two files if present:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\users32.exe <- this file
C:\WINDOWS\system32\susp.exe <- this file

Empty the Recycle Bin by right-clicking the Recycle Bin icon on your Desktop, and then clicking Empty Recycle Bin.

Then scan with Ewido per the instructions you printed out and reboot back to normal mode.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users