After doing the above scans, do this:
You should print out these instructions, or copy them to a NotePad file for reading while in Safe Mode, because you will not be able to connect to the Internet to read from this site.
Please download, install and update Ewido Anti-Malware v3.5
. DO NOT perform a scan yet.
Print out the Ewido Install and Scan Instructions
and follow the instructions for using SmitfraudFix
. Read "How to unzip/extract properly
" if your not sure.
After using the tool reboot again in "SAFE MODE
" and Clean
out your Temporary Internet files
- Quit Internet Explorer and quit any instances of Windows Explorer.
- Click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click Internet Options.
- On the General tab, click "Delete Files" under Temporary Internet Files.
- In the Delete Files dialog box, tick the "Delete all offline content check box", and then click "OK".
- On the General tab, click "Delete Cookies" under Temporary Internet Files, and then click "OK".
- Click on the Programs tab then click the Reset Web Settings button. Click "Apply" then "OK".
- Click "OK".
Next Click Start
, click Control Panel
and then double-click Display
. Click on the Desktop
tab, then click the Customize Desktop
button. Click on the Web
tab. Under Web Pages
you should see a checked entry called Security info
or something similar. If it is there, select that entry and click the Delete
button. Click "Ok
" then "Apply
" and "Ok
Start Windows Explorer and delete these two files if present:
<- this file
<- this fileEmpty
the Recycle Bin by right-clicking the Recycle Bin
icon on your Desktop, and then clicking Empty Recycle Bin
Then scan with Ewido
per the instructions you printed out and reboot back to normal mode.