Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

VGC RB30 PSU switches off

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kw1997

kw1997

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:10 AM

Posted 30 September 2014 - 12:01 AM

As soon as I switch my RB30 on, it shows green light (on the back) of the PSU and MBO but the PSU light goes off, no video, no beep nothing.  Has the PSu gone ?. Any way I can diagnose the problem.?. Thanks 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 synergy513

synergy513

• BC Advisor
  • 1,057 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:10 AM

Posted 30 September 2014 - 05:06 AM

i would believe it is power supply related. the OEM PCs such as Sony are notorious for using inferior power supplies (Bestec)

i have a VGC also, my power supply went out 5 years ago. i replaced it with a 430 watt Thermaltake and my Sony XP PC ran great once again and still does, 5 years later...  as it stands now, the Corsair power supplies are what is recommended.

this is a nice one at low cost :

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139049&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

Moore's Law : 4d Graph in Progress

#3 kw1997

kw1997
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:10 AM

Posted 02 October 2014 - 07:10 AM

Ok. SI bought a PSU (Corsair CX-430)  and tried to install it. And tried it but the damn thing doesn't go in. It is the same size.

I cant even get the old one in now. Is there a trick on this box (RB30) . Do I have to remove anything else to get it in?.

#4 synergy513

synergy513

• BC Advisor
  • 1,057 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:10 AM

Posted 02 October 2014 - 07:39 PM

it is a little tricky the first time you do it, it was for me too.  it should be the same screw pattern and everything. you shouldn't need to remove anything to fit it in.

Edited by synergy513, 02 October 2014 - 07:41 PM.

Moore's Law : 4d Graph in Progress

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users