Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Streaming Problem?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 flute4me

flute4me

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:16 AM

Posted 29 September 2014 - 09:23 PM

Hi guys,

I don't know if you remember, but a couple weeks back I was struggling with my old Samsung laptop. I finally bid adieu to it and upgraded to what I thought was a nice HP Pavillion. It's got 8gigs of ram, a giant harddrive, an i3 Intel processor (I think), and windows 8.1. the works pretty much. Everything on it seems to work okay except for the streaming? Youtube takes AGES to load along with any movie I try to stream on it. I thought it was just my internet at first, but my mom's laptop and my phone all stream just fine. Any ideas what could be causing this? The laptop is hardly 3 days old so I certainly hope I haven't broken it already.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 david.coffman

david.coffman

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:16 AM

Posted 30 September 2014 - 07:08 PM

I would suggest making sure everything is up to date first, meaning Windows updates are current, you have the current Java version installed, and the latest editions of Flash Player and Silverlight. Most of the time when I have seen issues like this before it was because something was out dated and once the updates were brought current it fixed the issue. Please give this a try and if the problem continues post back and we can look at other options.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users