Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Flappy optical drive door alignment issues

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 captaininternet

captaininternet

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:02 AM

Posted 29 September 2014 - 04:07 PM

So I recently pulled my DVD burner and replaced it with a BD burner. The 'eject' button looked like it was in the same place as the prior device, but my computer case has one of those fold out drive covers that integrates the eject button into the extra door. I can't tell if the button isn't lining up or if maybe a piece fell off during install, but when I press the eject button on the outer door, it's like dead space behind it. I can use Windows 'eject' feature to force it to eject, but it's not really the way I want to use it. Do I need to scoot my drive further forward in the case or something? I got the LG WH16NS40 drive. It has kind of a weird eject button. I guess the only reason I think it's not the drive is because it doesn't feel like I'm getting ANY contact from the outer flappy door (what is that thing called?!?!) I'm hoping maybe I just mounted it too far back, but it seems like there would only be one reasonable mounting position. I'd probably only be able to screw the drive to the rails on one side if I move it forward. Hoping someone else has run into this. I'm thinking I may return the drive for one with a more 'traditional' eject button, or remove the door completey. 

My only concern is that I wouldn't be able to open it outside of Windows and in order to close it, I have to push the drive back until the mechanism catches, which will cause undo wear and tear.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,070 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:02 AM

Posted 29 September 2014 - 05:28 PM

Can the door be removed so you can use the drives button?

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#3 captaininternet

captaininternet
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:02 AM

Posted 30 September 2014 - 10:35 AM

Well this was a complete failure on my part. I mounted the drive one screw hole 'position' further back than the original drive. I noticed it last night when I reopened the case to take a closer look. Moved it forward one position and it works like a charm. User error wins again...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users