Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

GTX 770 not displaying video

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 hillbro

hillbro

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:24 PM

Posted 29 September 2014 - 12:53 PM

Hi all,

My friend has an Acer Aspire M3985 desktop PC. He wanted to game with it so he put 10gb of RAM and then bought a GTX 770.  The RAM works fine.  Once we installed his new Video card and booted up the PC we get the initial bootup screen but after that we get no video (black screen) while the computer remains on.  He has been using the motherboards onboard video prior to this.  We upgraded his power supply to a Corsair 750w thinking maybe there wasn't enough juice, however that did not fix the issue.  I tried my GTX 770 in his computer and got the same result.  I also tried his video card in my computer and it worked fine.

Could it be that the GTX 770 is not compatible with the motherboard that came with his desktop, and has anyone else had the issue of only getting video at the boot screen the blank after?  I will get more details on the PC specs shortly.

Thanks!

Acer Aspire M3985

10gb Ram

Corsair 750w

NVidia GTX 770

Windows 7

Edited by hillbro, 29 September 2014 - 02:32 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users