Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is this some kind of virus? Pls help.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 win7use

win7use

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:31 AM

Posted 29 September 2014 - 08:48 AM

Hello everyone,

I have been using this laptop with Windows 7 Ultimate & Core i3. Recently I have started observing that some screen blinks in the background of the actual explorer that I am working on. After carefully watching I observed - In the taskbar an Icon like the one attached with this topic. Attached File  virus.jpg   13KB   1 downloads

This whole thing only occurs in a fraction of a millisecond. So you are not able to even click it.

I'm afraid if this is some sort of spyware since the icon in taskbar shows a camera icon. I then installed Trend Micro Max Security latest version But it is also not able to find or stop it.

I would highly appreciate any help on this. 

-win7 user

Edited by hamluis, 29 September 2014 - 09:10 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,778 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:01 PM

Posted 29 September 2014 - 12:11 PM

From my research this process appears to be related to Interactive Services Detection service (UI0detect.exe)...which monitors the user input for interactive services and sometimes causes the Taskbar to set the icon to intermittedly blink (pop-up) as a notification.

Stopping and disabling the related service should resolve the issue.

To disable a service, press the WINKEY + R keys on the keyboard or click the Start Orb > Run...,
and in the Open dialog box, type: services.msc
Click OK or press Enter.

Note: You can also click the Start Orb and in the Search Box, type: services.msc

Windows Services will open:

• Click the Extended tab at the bottom to view all the info on your services.
  • In the Services applet, scroll down the list and find the service called Interactive Services Detection.
  • Double-click on the name of the service to open the Properties page.
  • In the Properties Window > General Tab that opens, click the "Stop" button.
  • From the drop-down menu next to "Startup Type", click on "Disable".
  • Click "Apply", then "OK" and close any open windows.

Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users