Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hi. I need a 40-60FPS Dota2 Gaming Experience. Help!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 nioz24

nioz24

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:53 AM

Posted 28 September 2014 - 09:31 PM

Hi. I need a 40-60FPS Dota2 Gaming Experience. 

My Desktop is 8 yrs Old. I tried to install dota2 but it took me too long to actually play it. It Lags and freezes. Very low FPS and Blurry Graphics. I think i need a better PC, or Upgrade this. If the latter, What do i need?

Heres my specs:

Manufacturer HP-Pavilion   Model GG007AA-A2K a6150d   Total amount of system memory 1016.00 MB RAM   System type 32-bit operating system   Number of processor cores 2   64-bit capable Yes   Total size of hard disk(s) 149 GB Display adapter type Intel® 82945G Express Chipset Family Gaming graphics 224 MB Total available graphics memory Processor Genuine Intel® CPU 2140 @ 1.60GHz

If possible, Can i just upgrade this? Or better to buy new one? I need Budget Options/opinions. 

TY! Godbless.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Ezzah

Ezzah

• Members
  • 438 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 AM

Posted 28 September 2014 - 09:45 PM

Definitely, with your current specs, you would be hard-pressed to play any sort of game really. Eight years old is way too old for any modernistic related games that are CPU or GPU-intensive (seeing as you don't even have a discrete GPU). 

I would suggest a complete build of something else, and ditch the current one, it is horrifically low-specced for 2014. Before I can offer any assistance, what is your budget? And what is your experience with building PCs? If you have none, it may be more simple and practical to buy a pre-built.

mYIGVc5.png

#3 nioz24

nioz24
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2014 - 09:26 AM

I'm 21 yrs Old and I understand instructions well. I also know a bit about computers.

200$ budget. would it be sufficient? I would like to take the challenge of building/upgrading this if possible. BTW, I dont need a really Good Gaming Experience. A decent(40-60 FPS, low-mid quality, and V-sync able) is fine. Since I'll be upgrading/buying a new Computer once i graduate college, I need this for the mean time. Thanks. 

#4 Ezzah

Ezzah

• Members
  • 438 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 AM

Posted 29 September 2014 - 09:55 PM

With 200 dollars you'd be hard-pressed to get much out of that at all. Even with a good-medium CPU at the moment, it could cost more than your whole budget, considering that you even want the new Haswell CPUs. I would strongly suggest building a computer that will last you longer, and not something that will do for the mean-time. If you could increase your budget to something in the $500 range?

mYIGVc5.png

#5 synergy513

synergy513

• BC Advisor
  • 1,057 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:53 PM

Posted 30 September 2014 - 08:23 AM

maybe a dual core CPU can compliment one of the $100-150 range gtx 750/750ti low power consumption cards. I hate to beat a dead horse with a wet noodle, but there are so many instances lately when those cards really fit the application. the best part is that they can be used in a mid-range build at a later date and perform admirably.

then there is the RAM question, , so when that gets into the equation, i am with the same camp, better to build a new mid-range rig with the money that would be spent upgrading an old one

link to the gtx 750/ti

http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/video-card/#sort=a8&c=163,164&r=2048

Moore's Law : 4d Graph in Progress

#6 nioz24

nioz24
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 30 September 2014 - 07:26 PM

@Ezzah 

I would want that but I am out of budget. I still need the money to graduate college. And my savings in around 200-250 only. I need to farm up more?

I also like the idea, but  unfortunately, I am lacking. After I graduate, money will come for sure. If possible in the lowest settings, how much would it cost me?

Thanks!

@synergey513 

Will I have no problem with that build? I mean, if i built a new one, would it cost less economically? If so, tell me the details. I would like to try it out. I was also told that gtx 750 might solve my problem. Through overclocking and adding ram. but He also warned me about my PSU. It might die from overheat. 

Thanks! 

#7 synergy513

synergy513

• BC Advisor
  • 1,057 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:53 PM

Posted 01 October 2014 - 02:28 AM

the thing about the 750/ti is that it is a one purchase, one solution deal that keeps giving and giving, it can be used in another PC build at a later date.

but the RAM being only 1gb, means another purchase to upgrade that, which more than likely can not be used in another build later on. so that muddies the picture and makes it a little too much on the budget to spend money to upgrade what you already have.

Moore's Law : 4d Graph in Progress

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users