Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Should I get this?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 GingaOnFire

GingaOnFire

• Banned
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:34 AM

Posted 28 September 2014 - 07:04 PM

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=78510

I am looking to buy this computer. I am wondering if it is value for money and can run games like Heroes and Generals at a good frame rate. What FPS do you think I can run World of Tank on on one of the higher graphics settings? Do you recommend this PC? How long do you think it will last? What are the accessories I will need? What are its pros and cons?  Also I need some financial advise on how I can pay for it and I don't know if my mother can pay for the full amount, I know I can ship in some, but I still need money as I get older. Also connection, I want it in another room to my current PC, how can I connect apart from wireless and having and having a long Ethernet cable running through my house? And would it be easy enough to set up myself as appose to buying a new modem and getting someone else to set it up? Thank You, once again, I really do appreciate it.

Edit: Moved topic from Computer Gaming to the more appropriate forum.~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 SEANIA

SEANIA

• Members
  • 377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:34 AM

Posted 29 September 2014 - 06:44 PM

Well. Lets start with pricing out the parts they have listed as being in it.

Motherboard- 50$

HDD- 50$

GPU-120$

CPU- 190$

RAM - 75$

PSU- 65$

DVD player-20$ (It says it has no DVD player at the top, but then lists one anyways in the description.)

Case- 35$

No operating system is included in the intial price and is required to play games. IE windows7 and windows8.1- both of which it has listed at the bottom for a aditional 125$.

Total- 605$ Total upsale- 294$

Comes with no monitoir (screen), no mouse, no keyboard, and no speakers. You kind of need those to use a computer :mellow:

Personally it's not worth getting (come on, a 300$ upsale plus shipping?) since most computer repair stores will only charge 50$ (standard repair fee) for labor if doing a build. I also don't agree with alot of the parts they've choosen- but that's proably just me being biased, so whatever. I will definitaly say that "affordable" is a relitive term and gaming PC's (without a screen/addons like that one and custom built) start at 400$.

However I know alot of people perfer to pay up that extra 300$ if it means they don't have to worry about anything going wrong if they had done it themselves. Overall it should last 3 years, BUT if the GPU is upgraded later down the road then it will last up to 8 years before it gets to weak to run games at their minimum settings.That is assuming it dosen't get broken from somthing else.

As to how to connect them? I'm not sure what you mean. Do you mean stream one to the other or to connect it to the internet? I don't know what you mean by that.

For paying it off in payments? Never finance a computer (you end up paying twice the original price in the end). Your best bet would be to go to a computer repair shop (NOT a store like BestBuy- a private repair shop please), give them the link to the page (or a print out of it), ask them if they could build a replica and if they'd be willing to work out a payment system for it. They proably won't, but it's worth a try.

99% of the time, I edit for type-o's and grammar. I'll note it if that's not the case. 

I write near essays for most my responses, and then try to condense as best I can to the introduction of one. Less is more. Let me know if I post to much. 

I do a lot of spacing for readability. Let me know if that makes my posts seem to big. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users