Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC won't start (did graphics card die?)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 PhoenixBlue

PhoenixBlue

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:08 AM

Posted 28 September 2014 - 06:21 PM

Last few days, computer hasn't been able to start up. Safe mode works and safe mode has lots of lines across the screen. Do you think this is a graphics card problem? I see a lot of bars and graphics problems.

I have a video of the start up, when I try to start it normally, the screen goes black and nothing happens.

HP Premade computer

Windows 7

AMD Phenom 2x6 1065t

ati radeon hd 6850

8 gb ram

I had this computer for 2.5 years.

Edited by PhoenixBlue, 28 September 2014 - 06:26 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ElfBane

ElfBane

• Members
  • 775 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 AM

Posted 29 September 2014 - 09:42 AM

Switch to integrated graphics if you can, and see if the video is normal.  If you don't have on-board video capability, then you will need to try a known good vid-card.

#3 Ivy74

Ivy74

• Members
  • 219 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 AM

Posted 29 September 2014 - 10:50 AM

Seems like it's happening at POST or right after it. It's definitely hardware most likely the video card. I did have a weird issue once with POPPING sounds coming out of the speaker. Turned out the card was so close to another card that it was getting EMI. Once I spaced them out further it worked great which I did by using another BUS. 

***Note***

My job has blocked Europe by the firewall which means I can't access this site from the office anymore. So I will barely be here if at all. In case you cared.  :smash:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users