Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Installed Hammerwatch through Steam, having pixelation and display noise problem

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 rjgolas

rjgolas

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 AM

Posted 28 September 2014 - 06:03 PM

I recently installed a game called Hammerwatch through Steam, the game client service. When I first started playing Hammerwatch, there would be some pixelation and pixels in the wrong spot when I first started the game but it went away as soon as I got past the title screen. Yesterday, the strange pixel problem was happening as soon as I turned my computer on and got to my login screen. When I started steam and played Hammerwatch, the problem went away. Today, I ran into the same problem and tried the same steps to get rid of the problem but it didn't go away and won't go away no matter what I do. I updated my graphics card driver, updated Microsoft.net Framework and the Visual C++ Package, tried changing screen resolution and various other settings but I've had no luck. I know it's not a problem with the display since the BIOS screen and Microsoft start up logo don't show this problem. I ran malware and virus scans which came up with nothing. I also ran CCleaner in case it was a registry problem but I didn't have any luck there. This is driving me crazy, if anyone has any ideas I'd greatly appreciate it. I attached some screenshots of the issue.
aVoOTXC.png

Edited by hamluis, 29 September 2014 - 10:25 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Internal Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users