Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Harder to connect to wifi since windows 8.1 updates

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Pat(rick)

Pat(rick)

• Members
  • 447 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:03 AM

Posted 28 September 2014 - 05:42 PM

Hello,

I've windows 8.1 and for unknown reasons, after i got my windows updates, connecting to wifi is harder.

I had to connect 4-5 time to access my wifi connection.

How to fix it? It's getting annoying.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rockysosua

rockysosua

• Members
  • 772 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:03 AM

Posted 28 September 2014 - 08:09 PM

You could try uninstalling your wireless driver, rebooting and reinstalling it.

All is well in Paradise.

#3 Pat(rick)

Pat(rick)
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 447 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:03 AM

Posted 29 September 2014 - 10:46 AM

it's already installed when i bought the laptop. It connected to wifi very fine until windows updates. After windows updates, it's way to hard to connect to a wifi  because it get rejected...

Any way to update the driver without uninstalling it?

#4 rockysosua

rockysosua

• Members
  • 772 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2014 - 01:00 PM

You could try to install it over the existing one, but there's no reason to do it that way.

You just download the driver and leave it on your Desktop, uninstall the present drive, reboot, then install the new one, and you'll be on the internet again and the worst that can happen is that it still doesn't work well.

All is well in Paradise.

#5 david.coffman

david.coffman

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 30 September 2014 - 07:04 PM

There have been many issues with Windows 8.1 and wifi drivers, some manufactures such as HP for example have released driver updates that do not work correctly with the OS. Rocky's suggestion is great, I would also add you may want to try downloading the drivers for the WiFi directly from the maker of the device. You can find this by bringing up your device manager and looking under the network listing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users