Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Looking for some general help please!!!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 BigMan34

BigMan34

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:19 PM

Posted 28 September 2014 - 04:52 PM

Hi there guys,

I am trying to find a great 100% free place to build a website? I'm very new in this feild as i'm trying to build a website that looks professional, can someone please help me out with helpful information and aiming in the right directions....?

I couldn't find the correct location for this topic..

Thanks

Edit: Moved topic from General Chat to the more appropriate forum.~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Ivy74

Ivy74

• Members
  • 219 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:19 PM

Posted 29 September 2014 - 12:32 PM

Free: your own computer. Using webpage development tools you can create a website on your own computer. Using IIS you can even host it on your own computer just need to modify your firewall and "pay" for a domain. Getting a domain there is no free way that I know of to get one. 

There are services I have seen that allow you to create your own website but it's limiting. In the end it depends on your reasoning to want to create one. Learn? Business? Etc. 

***Note***

My job has blocked Europe by the firewall which means I can't access this site from the office anymore. So I will barely be here if at all. In case you cared.  :smash:

#3 BigMan34

BigMan34
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2014 - 04:08 PM

Ahh okay, yea its for personal use to present to a company that i'm currently working for.. So thats why i'm trying to find a totally user friendly ie: microsoft Front Page software that they removed.. like i mention before, i'm a totall rookie (green) when it comes to making a good website...  I really don't wanna use anything that has to do with codeing etc. just copy and paste and enter in your own information etc.

Free: your own computer. Using webpage development tools you can create a website on your own computer. Using IIS you can even host it on your own computer just need to modify your firewall and "pay" for a domain. Getting a domain there is no free way that I know of to get one. 

There are services I have seen that allow you to create your own website but it's limiting. In the end it depends on your reasoning to want to create one. Learn? Business? Etc. 

#4 gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:19 PM

Posted 09 October 2014 - 02:47 AM

If you are a novice to web-design and need to do something in a pinch, find a decent template to use and edit it yourself. Generally most HTML sites can be edited using a standard text editor, or you could get something like Dreamweaver.

Gavin Seabrook

#5 MelissaPleases

MelissaPleases

• Members
  • 537 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:19 PM

Posted 07 November 2014 - 05:20 PM

Dreamweaver, or if you don't mind doing the coding without seeing the changes that Dreamweaver's "Design" mode offers, there's always Notepad++. It's a great little tool for editing CSS and HTML, and it's free. Dreamweaver, well, not even close to free - though I do like it.

Snowden03.png

~   Notorious Thread Killer   ~
Case: CoolerMaster Storm Trooper Full ATX | Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-Z170X | CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 8M Skylake Quad-Core | GPU: MSI Radeon R9 390X 8GB 512-Bit | PSU: EVGA 80 PLUS GOLD 850 W | RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 SDRAM [4x8GB] Audio: Integrated Creative Sound Core 3D 5.1 | Internal Storage: Samsung 2 TB HDD | Seagate 1 TB HDD | Samsung 500GB SSD [x2] | Mushkin 500GB SSD | External Storage: Seagate 2TB | Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS324 Dual Layer

Display 1: AOC I2757Fh 27" | Display 2 & 3: LG 24MP57HQ-P 24" | Operating Systems: OS 1: Windows 10 Professional | OS 2: Linux Mint Cinnamon | OS 3: Windows 7 Ultimate x-64 | Antivirus: MS Security Essentials | Firewall: Windows Firewall

#6 Stolen

Stolen

• Members
  • 669 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:19 PM

Posted 10 November 2014 - 05:07 PM

I also use Notepad ++, a free open source product, and it does all kinds of cool things. 

For anyone who wants to explore Notepad ++ a bit more, please go here to their site. 

#7 BigMan34

BigMan34
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2014 - 09:01 PM

Hi there guys, okay sounds good.. but i would like to remove ALL flash files from the website change it to the standard version with out any flash..I don't know to remove flash files, nor edit them..  Inclduing pictures.. I wanna add some pictures that will loop automatically, without using flash as well.

I don't know where to go or how to do this within a simple program.. 

The last time I did a website with NO issues was back when microsoft frontpage was running etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users