Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC Simply not starting up.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 failsauce

failsauce

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 AM

Posted 28 September 2014 - 04:27 PM

I own a Gateway FX6831-01 with 16 GBs of RAM. I bought it 6 years ago, and all of the sudden it wont start up. I tried plugging in different outlets throughout my house, made sure that it was plugged in, etc.

No matter what happens, it wont start up.

Can someone please help me?

Edit:

It wont power on.

Edited by failsauce, 28 September 2014 - 05:45 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 21,596 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:32 AM

Posted 28 September 2014 - 04:39 PM

Hello, and Welcome

Something like this is hard to track down. I would first powercycle the computer. Unplug the powercord, hold down the power button for 30 seconds. Replace the power cord and boot.

If this does not work open the computer side panel after removing the power cord. Touch some bare metal of the case. Look for the CMOS battery and replace with a new one. After replacing the battery, powercycle the computer again and see if it boots up. If it does, go to BIOS settings and set it back to default and then save.

Edit: This could be a bad Power Supply. If you have a multimeter, you can test the PSU but only do this if you are comfortable working inside the computer.

Edited by JohnC_21, 28 September 2014 - 04:42 PM.

#3 failsauce

failsauce
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 AM

Posted 28 September 2014 - 05:40 PM

I don't have anything I can replace right now, and powercycling did nothing. I don't own a multimeter.

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 21,596 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:32 AM

Posted 28 September 2014 - 06:51 PM

Sorry, that is all the ideas I have right now. Hopefully somebody else on the forum will offer some other ideas.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users