Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New SSD/No HDMI output

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 cody0520

cody0520

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:15 PM

Posted 28 September 2014 - 03:47 PM

hello all,  i have a hp dv6 7029wm laptop,  and the Hard drive is starting to fail pretty hard core, so i went today and bought a SSD for it,  

wait first let me say this,  the screen is gone *like cracked and all white with black spots all over cause it was dropped*

anyways, i installed the SSD onto another computer to install windows 7, which went smooth as possible,  i put the SSD into the laptop and powered it on i hear the windows sounds and all i can see little movement on the laptop screen, 

My main problem is when i plug the HDMI or the VGA in, nothing happens on either screen,  So i was wondering how can i go about getting this fixed so i can install the correct drivers and have a somewhat normally functional laptop.

ive tried installing the laptop drivers while the SSD was in another computer * does not work  computer just crashs due to wrong drivers being installed* 

I cant think of anything and time is ticking with this old hdd * which i am currently using. * yes i know not the best decision ive made.*

any ideas i can use?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 cody0520

cody0520
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 28 September 2014 - 04:23 PM

Could I install the basic display driver from microsoft? would that work as a temp fix till i get drivers installed

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,827 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:15 PM

Posted 28 September 2014 - 04:30 PM

Generally...it's not wise to install Windows on System 1...then move the hard drive to System 2.  The drivers/settings for System 1 get in the way of any such effort.

A cracked screen presents a problem only if you cannot attach a monitor to the laptop.

Louis

#4 cody0520

cody0520
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 28 September 2014 - 04:33 PM

Generally...it's not wise to install Windows on System 1...then move the hard drive to System 2.  The drivers/settings for System 1 get in the way of any such effort.

A cracked screen presents a problem only if you cannot attach a monitor to the laptop.

Louis

so to put it nicely im out of luck untill i get a new screen installed?

#5 rockysosua

rockysosua

• Members
  • 772 posts
  •  

Posted 28 September 2014 - 04:46 PM

You might put the hard drive back into the functional computer, go to the device manager and uninstall the Display drivers, leaving just the basic generic windows drivers.

Shut down and then try it in your machine to see if the HDMI will work.

All is well in Paradise.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users