Hello, I have a couple questions, I got me some artic silver thermal paste for my cpu, and i have just got the old bracket off the old motherboard. I also blew out all the dust i could out of the fan and other stuff too to avoid ruining the new motherboard. I used a can of compressed air. Also this, is a socket 775 motherboard.
This is the specs before i go any further:
- Hauppauge WinTV HVR-1800 ATSC/QAM/NTSC/FM TV Tuner PCIe Capture Card
- Quad cored processor 1.8 Ghz (or close to it), its an intel processor
- 350 watt power supply
- 2x of "2GB 2Rx8 PC2-6400U-666-12-E3"
- 2x of "1GB 1Rx8 PC2-6400U-666-12-ZZ"
- I believe its a 750 GB hard drive
- radeon hd 6450 video card
- WIndows vista (may plan on upgrading to windows 7 but not sure yet)
I just copied and pasted what i posted in an earlier message.
Anyways, how would i apply the bracket to the new motherboard safely? also i need a good tutorial to clean the cpu and whatever else i would need and how to apply the thermal paste properly and how much to use. I have tried youtube videos but the people in the comments kept saying that this person did something or a couple things wrong. Im gonna be doing almost a "monkey see monkey do" kinda thing since i have no idea what im doing in this part. So i dont want to do something that a certain person did and they did something wrong and i will possibly ruin the motherboard or cpu chip.
When i took the bracket off, it seemed like it had some kind of a double sticky paper that matched the shape of the bracket. THe paper tape or whatever i trashed it as it was ripped and such so definitely not reusable i assume.