Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mobile wifi

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 toolhore

toolhore

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:25 PM

Posted 28 September 2014 - 11:55 AM

I just recently purchased an HP laptop with Windows 8.1 and I'm pleased with it. I have dumped a lot of what is junk to me and installed Norton 360 which is also on my 2 desktops. Now I would like to go with a mobils wifi. I have explored Karmago but they  aren't offering the device right away. What are my other options for such a servive. I want to be able to log onto the internet on the go, no necessarily at a wifi hot spot at a local cafe or motel.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Ivy74

Ivy74

• Members
  • 219 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:25 AM

Posted 30 September 2014 - 08:51 AM

I just recently purchased an HP laptop with Windows 8.1 and I'm pleased with it. I have dumped a lot of what is junk to me and installed Norton 360 which is also on my 2 desktops. Now I would like to go with a mobils wifi. I have explored Karmago but they  aren't offering the device right away. What are my other options for such a servive. I want to be able to log onto the internet on the go, no necessarily at a wifi hot spot at a local cafe or motel.

I'm confused. All laptops today (especially Windows 8) ALL come with WIFI cards. So connecting to a "wireless" network is as easy as locating, connecting, and entering a password if one is necessary.

Then there is "cellular" Wireless that are provided by several companies. These are not as fast but commonly used by business professionals when needed. Originally it was a USB device that you connect to the computer but now they sell devices that are basically a hot spot (much like an Access Point) or/and phones now too can be a hot spot. 

Am I not understanding you correctly?

***Note***

My job has blocked Europe by the firewall which means I can't access this site from the office anymore. So I will barely be here if at all. In case you cared.  :smash:

#3 toolhore

toolhore
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:25 PM

Posted 30 September 2014 - 09:02 AM

Thanks for the response. I have hotspot wifi, but I'm interested in haveing wifi available anywhere I want. As I understand it, the mobile wifi thats available from certain providers requires me to have a cell phone contract. Karmago does not require a contract of anykind but they aren't providing new service till december. I can sign up now and get a discount but thats to far ahead for me to wait.

I do have a contract free cellphone [tracfone] and FYI I'm not a big user of it. If it weren't for my job I probably wouldn't carry one at all. However I do use the internet lots and would like to be able to access it from the corner of "Happy & Healthy" or sitting in traffic or wherever.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users