Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows not connecting 2sens service...My Passport

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 tracyamor

tracyamor

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 PM

Posted 28 September 2014 - 09:38 AM

I was transferring photos from phone to computer using usb. i did have a gliche at that point but everything resumed as nml so i dont think it was related. then i wanted to backup on wd my passport which i have done at least four times in past with no issues. however this time when i was tranferring data i noticed it was not working. i thought maybe just another gliche so retried. the computer said a bunch all things then
System bios shadowed
Video bios shadowed
Entering set up..
I know i shouldnt have done but i took battery out bc thought maybe frozen
Then when started it said windows cannot connect to sens service
Consult system administrator
I went in safe mode to restore to previous point . it got me back on desktop but then when went on internet it crashed??(not sure of terminology)...
I have Windows7
Any suggestions on how should i proceed
Thanks!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,952 posts
  •  

Posted 28 September 2014 - 09:57 AM

Reading about the System Event Notification Service problem and also because of the fact your internet crashed resetting TPC/IP and Winsock may help. Type CMD in the search box. Right click and Run As Administrator. At the prompt type the following commands. Reboot and see if that solves the problem.

netsh winsock reset
netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt

#3 tracyamor

tracyamor
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 28 September 2014 - 05:22 PM

I looked at my email on phone and looked like all one line...i hope i didnt mess things up more because now i see i was suppose to copy and paste....anyways it is getting stuck at start up...the bar gets a third colored in and freezes...should i attempt again but copy/paste

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,952 posts
  •  

Posted 28 September 2014 - 05:38 PM

Those are supposed to be two separate commands. Press enter after each command. Are you saying that Windows does not start up and you cannot login to your user account?

Edit: Can you access safe mode?

Edited by JohnC_21, 28 September 2014 - 05:39 PM.

#5 tracyamor

tracyamor
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 28 September 2014 - 07:56 PM

I pressed alt ctrl del at frozen start screen ...after few times then get to select start in normal mode...then gets to desktop, i put in codes you gave...restarted...it went to choose user option ...then when i looked at pc 10 minutes later it was back at the initial start up screen frozen again 3/4 of bar colored

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,952 posts
  •  

Posted 28 September 2014 - 08:01 PM

It should not take that long to boot up. Did this just start after inputting the commands I posted or has the computer had problems before this. Have you tried doing a System Restore in safe mode to a time before the problem occured?

Edit: Sorry, you stated in your first post you did a System Restore. If possible, I would do another System Restore to the same point as you did before. Once this is done, post back.

Edited by JohnC_21, 28 September 2014 - 08:09 PM.

#7 tracyamor

tracyamor
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 28 September 2014 - 08:39 PM

Looks like i can not even get to desktop in safemode in order to restore...it says windows could not connect to the Sens service

#8 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,952 posts
  •  

Posted 28 September 2014 - 08:47 PM

Are you booting with the external drive attached? If you are detach the drive. What is the make and model of this computer? Do you need any important data on the computer and is it an option for you to do a factory reset where any program installed after purchase would have to be installed again.

If the factory reset is not possible, do you have a Windows 7 System Repair disk?. The disk can be created on any computer with Windows 7. Using the repair disk you can do a system restore without booting to windows.

#9 tracyamor

tracyamor
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 28 September 2014 - 10:00 PM

No...i had already disconnected everything. i have some files and pics that i need. my virus program is only thing i dont have. i dont havr discs

#10 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,952 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2014 - 07:26 AM

What is the make and model of the computer? Do you have access to another windows computer and an empty USB flash drive?

#11 tracyamor

tracyamor
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2014 - 07:47 AM

Dell xps
I have a tablet but i do not have another usb flash drive. i think im going to go to stables and get a different drive then wd my passport so i can try to grab what i can. i have 2 users...one guest other admin. i was working off guest desktop. when I try to log in under guest now that's when get error in safe mode. However when I log in under administrator in safe mode i can get to desktop.
I wonder if wd program erased accidently in last month?
Any recommendations on a storage device that can old thousands of pics and short videos

#12 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,952 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2014 - 08:11 AM

Can you do a System Restore in  Admin?

Hard drives today are not built like they once were. There is always the chance of failure. There are basically only three drive manufacturers today, Seagate, WD, and Toshiba. I do know the portable WD drives can be problematic because the USB port is soldered to the bridge card and uses a proprietary interface that encrypts data. If the little USB port breaks on the drive, you are out of luck. I also know the WD passport drives install software and create a virtual CD drive. If portability is not an issue, I would go for the larger 3.5 drives. You can purchase the drive and external enclosure separately. If you need a portable drive, I would look at the Seagate. The most important thing to remember is for any very important data you do not want to lose always have it in two locations with one offsite. You can always use cloud storage like Google Drive, SkyDrive, Dropbox, or Mega. I have not used Mega but it will give you 50GB of storage for free. Carbonite will give you unlimited storage for $60 a year.

One other thing I would do would be to install Macrium Free and do a disk image to your external media. Create a WinPE recovery disk also. This will let you boot and recover your disk in case it does not boot because of Malware or a deftective drive. You would do this on a regular basis. If the drive fails, you would boot the recovery disk, and restore the image fromt the external drive to the new drive. You would be done in minutes compared to hours if  you needed to reinstall the OS and all of your programs.

#13 tracyamor

tracyamor
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2014 - 08:34 AM

Unfortly there are no restore points anymore?? I think i was able to get restore point on guest but now have windows connection problem so cant get to if is still there
My passport has a detachable usb, if that matters
Can i plug in wd passport then use wd utilities to diagnose

#14 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,952 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2014 - 08:47 AM

I don't think that will diagnose your Windows 7. You said you can log into the admin account. Are you able to run your programs from admin? Or does it crash when you start a program.

Edit: You can only log into admin in safemode?

Edited by JohnC_21, 29 September 2014 - 08:47 AM.

#15 tracyamor

tracyamor
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2014 - 09:15 AM

I was thinking if i deleted a vital wd program 1 month ago and then when plugged in wd drive now..then error occurred. so was thinking if should try to fix drive...
I was able to get into guest desktop right now for some reason, i started running a wd drive utilities complete drive and crashed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users