Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mp3 Rocket Pro

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 leeboy

leeboy

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:49 PM

Posted 09 June 2006 - 08:29 PM

Hi all, I've been using MP3 Rocket pro for about 4 months with no problems. However I've read several threads on here about Limewire and other p2p applications being very dodgy and spreading adware/spyware etc.

I really like MP3 Rocket but now I'm worried that its not safe. Does anybody else use it ? Any problems ?

I regularly run anti virus and anti spyware/adware programs and I'm firewalled. Is it still risky ?

regards
Leeboy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:49 PM

Posted 10 June 2006 - 10:25 AM

Even if the application itself does not contain spyware, downloading files from unknown sources can be extremely risky since these may contain viruses and other forms of malware, either intentionally or not.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 leeboy

leeboy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:49 PM

Posted 11 June 2006 - 12:55 PM

Thanks John.

Am I safe if I scan anything I download before I open or play files ?

regards
Lee

#4 percypape

percypape

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2006 - 06:23 AM

I've been on mp3 Rocket Pro for 7 months. I also have a firewall & antivirus, as well as webroot spysweeper, windowscare advanced, and spyware blaster. I always download to the 1 (and only) folder that I share, then scan it w/Norton, then import 'em to the media player and quickly shut the shared folder. I haven't had any problems (knockonwood) but I would never recommend doing p2p for anyone else. I'm hopelessly addicted to music & so far I have nothing but love for rocket pro. Is it smart? No. Is it safe? Probably not. Is it legal? Well, my lawyer (who is also my brother) said "Sort of". But I noticed when I was on his computer that he gets his music from Napster. Fear not- I won't come crying to you all & expect sympathy when my computer is ill or I get charged with piracy.

#5 Maria3a

Maria3a

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:49 PM

Posted 18 July 2006 - 03:29 PM

I've been on mp3 Rocket Pro for 7 months. I also have a firewall & antivirus, as well as webroot spysweeper, windowscare advanced, and spyware blaster. I always download to the 1 (and only) folder that I share, then scan it w/Norton, then import 'em to the media player and quickly shut the shared folder. I haven't had any problems (knockonwood) but I would never recommend doing p2p for anyone else. I'm hopelessly addicted to music & so far I have nothing but love for rocket pro. Is it smart? No. Is it safe? Probably not. Is it legal? Well, my lawyer (who is also my brother) said "Sort of". But I noticed when I was on his computer that he gets his music from Napster. Fear not- I won't come crying to you all & expect sympathy when my computer is ill or I get charged with piracy.

I've had mp3 rocket pro for awhile with no problems. Unfortunately their support is less than minimal. I have lost the exe file for the pro version - on old computer which is gone, have asked Support for it again, with no response and apparently, th eonly way I can get it is to pay for it again. They do not offer it as a member (re)download on log in. Service is LOUSY. All I get is an email from "Amy" or "heather" saying "thanks for visiting our mp3 rocket.."

#6 happy valley

happy valley

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2008 - 08:07 PM

I've had mp3 rocket pro for awhile with no problems. Unfortunately their support is less than minimal. I have lost the exe file for the pro version - on old computer which is gone, have asked Support for it again, with no response and apparently, th eonly way I can get it is to pay for it again. They do not offer it as a member (re)download on log in. Service is LOUSY. All I get is an email from "Amy" or "heather" saying "thanks for visiting our mp3 rocket.."

That's odd. I've never had any problems with their support team answering my emails. Are you sure their replies aren't going to your junk mail folder? You need to make sure that you add them to your list of approved email addresses. I missed a couple of their replies before I realized they were being filtered by my spam filter.
Also, did you know you can login to the members area on their website and reinstall the program for free as many times as you need during your membership? I know you said you couldn't, but I've done it numerous times and never had a problem.

#7 sockness

sockness

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2009 - 08:40 AM

Blah Blah.... I've Had Mp3 Rocket Pro for over 3 years and there is no problems with it. However there are a few things to look out for; 99% of the time never goto the programs tab and try to download anything such as games software or anything that pertanes to that tab unless you have very good virus protection and a rock solid firewall. This is the area I have had problems with the most (so just stay away from that tab pretend its not there and get your games and software somewhere else). Everytime I've tried to get something from there my antivirus immediately deleted it because it was a trojan virus. Moving on.... The program itself is exelent, once in a great great while you'll get a corrupted music file but thats only about .1% of the time so don't waste time scanning every file just make sure you have antivirus and your firewall is on. Any other questions I'd be glad to answer I use this program for hours and hours everyday since I purchased it 3 years ago

#8 thewix77

thewix77

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2009 - 09:29 PM

Blah Blah.... I've Had Mp3 Rocket Pro for over 3 years and there is no problems with it. However there are a few things to look out for; 99% of the time never goto the programs tab and try to download anything such as games software or anything that pertanes to that tab unless you have very good virus protection and a rock solid firewall. This is the area I have had problems with the most (so just stay away from that tab pretend its not there and get your games and software somewhere else). Everytime I've tried to get something from there my antivirus immediately deleted it because it was a trojan virus. Moving on.... The program itself is exelent, once in a great great while you'll get a corrupted music file but thats only about .1% of the time so don't waste time scanning every file just make sure you have antivirus and your firewall is on. Any other questions I'd be glad to answer I use this program for hours and hours everyday since I purchased it 3 years ago

I've had Rocket pro for a couple years with no problems. Now, it won't launch. I re-downloaded the program from their site, but still get nothing when I click to launch. Any ideas are greatly welcomed...thanks....Larry

#9 eastmobiles

eastmobiles

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2009 - 05:40 AM

Can you tell me it's a freeware or a shareware? Thanks man.

#10 thewix77

thewix77

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2009 - 07:38 PM

Can you tell me it's a freeware or a shareware? Thanks man.

It's shareware

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users