Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer crash. If sound, then distorted. Screen flashes black/on.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Gamborg

Gamborg

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:35 PM

Posted 28 September 2014 - 05:21 AM

Lately i have had random computercrashes. It happens while i am playing a game, or while using VLC to watch a movie or TV-series.
Last crash happened while playing with "Open Broadcaster Software", in the settings.
The crashes happens as follows.

The computer will stop responding, the picture will flash on and off, and the sound will be distorted. After a few seconds it will completely lock up and i will need to do a hard reset to make it run again.

I tried running CCleaner, i tried repairing registry's and last but not least i tried completely formatting all three disks of mine, and then making a completely new windows 8.1 install. After this install is where the crash by using "Open Broadcast Software" happened.
Sometimes this crash even happens while just sitting around talking with someone on TS. Before the windows re-install, i could run the computer for 2-3 days before a crash would happen, or it could happen 2-3 times in one hour.
Becaus of the different times of the errors, ive had trouble pinpointing exactly what goes wrong.

The lastest crash which prompted me to make this post, was when i was playing around with "Open Broadcast Software" while having a youtube vid running on the other screen, during the crash, i notised that a fan in my stationary was going crazy. (I had a preview running on Open Broadcast Software).

I have failed to replicate any crash. They have always happened unexpectedly.

Attached is a HTML report of my system settings gotten through CPU-Z CPUID

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Gamborg

Gamborg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:35 PM

Posted 28 September 2014 - 05:26 AM

It should be noted that under Device Manager, it tells me that i have two "Other Devices"

My G19 Gaming Keyboard (Display Interface)

and PCI Simple Communications Controller.

I have tried and failed to find drivers for the PCI, and did not think the keyboard driver would matter since i got a new one incomming in 1-2 work days.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users