Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sony Vaio Video trouble

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Daniel Chastain

Daniel Chastain

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:15 AM

Posted 28 September 2014 - 04:48 AM

Hi all.

My Viao (VGN-FW480J) running Vista (64 Bit Home Premium w/SP2) boots with a pinkish screen, red thin line on right side of screen and distorted colors that are also grainy. The desktop looks so bad that it is hard to read anything on it. I have replaced the video driver (ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650) without any improvement. The trouble started when I downloaded some win updates having to do with security essentials. I removed security essentials but no improvement. Now in addition to video trouble I cannot download any updates. Receive an update error 80070490. I have tried windows update support site to fix the error but all of their fix programs failed to work. I don't believe it is a hardware issue since some boxes that pop-up are very clear when on a white background. Viao diagnostics also reports all hardware is OK. I am also unable to do a system restore because Vista reports no restore points found. A complete scan with Malwarebytes reports no threats. Can anyone please help? Dan Chastain

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SpywareDoc

SpywareDoc

• Members
  • 687 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:15 AM

Posted 28 September 2014 - 11:14 AM

Same problem when running from a Live CD/USB?

A Live CD/DVD or USB flash drive contains a complete bootable computer operating system (OS). When you boot a computer from it, the OS loads into, and then runs from memory instead of a hard drive. This allows you to run an OS without installing it or making any changes to a computer's current configuration.

To create one, download an ISO file containing the OS you want to use, (such as Ubuntu, Slax or Zorin), then use something like ISO Recorder to burn it to a CD/DVD or USB key.

Now boot your computer from this disc/key and your computer will be running that OS instead of the one on its hard drive.

When you're done, simply reboot your PC from the hard drive.

If the problem persists even when running a different OS, then the issue is probably hardware related.

Edited by SpywareDoc, 28 September 2014 - 11:14 AM.

#3 sarakhan

sarakhan

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:15 AM

Posted 01 October 2014 - 04:45 AM

THANK YOU.  :P

----------------------------

sara

#4 sarakhan

sarakhan