Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Problems

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 WHITNEY

WHITNEY

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:55 AM

Posted 09 June 2006 - 07:53 PM

a little bit of everything wrong with my computer my little sister clicks on evrything she sees i need to first fix the problems then would like to know of any free downloadable programs to prevent viruses and other harmfull things to my computer.
please can anyone help me....

i had that tagasaurus thinggy on my computer now i deleted it but i keep getting alot of popups and theres a new toolbar on my internet explorer..it says mirar.

thanks alot whitney

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,300 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:55 AM

Posted 09 June 2006 - 08:18 PM

Hi whitney, What security programs do you have on your computer? Firewall, Antivirus, Antispyware, etc.?
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 DaveM59

DaveM59

Bleepin' Grandpa

• Members
  • 1,355 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:55 AM

Posted 09 June 2006 - 08:23 PM

Hi Whitney,

It sounds like your computer has a spyware infection. Please go here and follow Grinler's directions. If you don't understand or have trouble completing any of the steps, post back to this thread.

After you have done all the preliminary steps, you should post your HijackThis log to a new topic in the HJT forum. Once your computer is clean your expert helper will give you some advice and links to free programs that will help protect it.

#4 WHITNEY

WHITNEY
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:55 AM

Posted 09 June 2006 - 09:36 PM

sorry it took me soo long...no firewall or virus protection. i need some my uncle deleted all of my programs a while back and i havent found a good one

#5 sakaman

sakaman

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2006 - 06:46 AM

well my operating system is win XP but I thing :
Spybot,
Ad-Aware,
and PeerGuardian2
should work also at your computer . Give them a try, I am satisfied. Install and an antivirus like Northon or VGA, i think.Try also doing a windows update, also read the tutarials conserning how to protect your PC. If you are patient you can do little miracles :thumbsup:

Edited by sakaman, 10 June 2006 - 06:48 AM.

#6 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2006 - 09:50 AM

You can find a whole list of FREE applications, including firewalls, anti-virus and anti-spyware applications here:

BC Freeware List

Your first task is to download, install, and UPDATE an firewall, an anti-virus, then several anti-spyware applications. I use, and recommend, the following from the list:

Sygate Personal Firewall
AVG Free
Ad-AwareSE
Spybot S&D

Using these should not only clean malware from your system, but provide needed layers of security, especially against your sister's little fingers!
Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users