Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

WINDOWS SETUP BOOTLOOP

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 SYOB SYOT

SYOB SYOT

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:43 PM

Posted 27 September 2014 - 11:34 PM

HAY,

I HAVE PROBLEMS WITH MY WINDOWS VISTA.

I STARTED SOME SETUP PROGRAM (NOT FROM THE DVD, A PROGRAM ON THE HARD DRIVE, BUT NOT MAIN SETUP PROGRAM, SOME OTHER PROGRAM USED IN SETUP, AND WHEN IT STARTS IT SAYS PLEASE WAIT WHILE WINDOWS CONTINUES SETTING UP YOUR COMPUTER...), AND I TERMINATED IT.

HOWEWER, AFTER A RESTART, THAT PROGRAM STARTS BEFORE LOGGING IN AND IT DISPLAYS MESSAGE PLEASE WAIT WHILE WINDOWS CONTINUES SETTING UP YOUR COMPUTER.... AFTER A ABOUT 10 SECONDS IT DISPLAYS 0×80004005: WINDOWS COULD NOT DETERMINE THE LANGUAGE TO USE FOR SETUP.

OF COURSE HE CAN NOT DETERMINE, BECAUSE I NEVER SELECTED ONE, BECAUSE I NEVER STARTED REAL SETUP (THE FIRST SCREEN [SETUP.EXE]), BECAUSE I FINISHED INSTALLATION LONG TIME AGO.

AFTER CLICKING OK, IT JUST RESTARTS INSTANTLY, AFTER REBOOTING, THE SAME THING.

TERMINATING THE SETUP PROGRAM IN TASK MANAGER DOES THE SAME EFFECT, COMPUTER JUST RESTARTS INSTANTLY, AND AFTER A REBOOT, THE SAME THING.

TYPING /LASTKNOWNGOOD (COMMAND FOR USING LAST KNOWN GOOD CONFIGURATION) AND /SAFEBOOT:MINIMAL (COMMAND FOR BOOTING INTO SAFE MODE) IN THE BOOT CONFIGURATION EDITIOR BEFORE BOOTING VISTA DOES NOT HELP.

THIS PROGRAM POPS UP AGAIN.

BUT, WINDOWS IS PROPERLY INSTALLED, AND THERE IS NO NEED FOR RESTARTING INSTALLATION.

I KNOW WHAT HAPPEND:

I STARTED ACCIDENTLY SOME SETUP PROGRAM (THE LAST STEP OF SETUP, BECAUSE BELEIVE IT OR NOT WINDOWS SETUP HAS SEVERAL EXECUTABLES, EACH ONE RESPONSIBLE FOR ITS OWN PART OF SETUP) AND AFTER I STARTED IT, IT MUST HAD RECORDED SOME KEYS INTO REGISTRY, WHICH MAKES WINDOWS START THIS LAST PART OF THE SETUP EVERY TIME.

SO, MY QUESTION IS, DO YOU KNOW HOW TO EDIT REGISTRY TO MAKE WINDOWS NOT TO PROCCEED IN THE LAST SETUP PHASE?

IT MUST BE SOME KEY. IT IS SAVED IN REGISTRY FOR SURE. THIS IS HOW WINDOWS MONITORES ITS SETUP PROGGRESS.

I CAN SIMPLY REPLACE C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG FOLDER (WHERE WINDOWS REGISTRY IS STORED) WITH THE DEFAULT ONE (RIGHT AWAY AFTER INSTALLATION, I MADE A COPPY). BUT THAT WOULD RESET ALL WINDOWS SETTINGS TO ITS DEFAULT VALUES. AND I DO NOT WANT THAT. I WANT TO EDIT JUST ONE KEY OR SEVERAL KEY IN REGISTRY TO REMOVE THIS NONSENCE.

IF ANYONE KNOW WHERE IS WINDOWS SETUP INFORMATION STORED, I WOULD BE HAPPY TO HEAR.

THANK YOU. :P

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Ivy74

Ivy74

• Members
  • 219 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:43 AM

Posted 30 September 2014 - 08:19 AM

First off lose the caps. Second, did you try to revert back to a system restore to a previous date?

***Note***

My job has blocked Europe by the firewall which means I can't access this site from the office anymore. So I will barely be here if at all. In case you cared.  :smash:

#3 SYOB SYOT

SYOB SYOT
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2014 - 02:35 PM

NO, I DID NOT.

I DOUBT I HAVE ANY RESTORE POINTS.

EVEN IF I DO, IT WOULD BE WERY OLD RESTORE POINT.

SO, I PREFER CHANGING REGISTRY. ;)

#4 Kirbyofdeath

Kirbyofdeath

• Members
  • 459 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:43 AM

Posted 02 October 2014 - 10:30 PM

Please stop using caps, we've talked about this before.

Are you saying that you want to go to the first page of setup...setup-language-options.jpg

But can't?

#5 SYOB SYOT

SYOB SYOT
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 03 October 2014 - 04:33 PM

FIRST OF ALL, I AM USING THIS CONSTANTLY. THIS IS LIKE MY TRADEMARK. ;)

SECOND, IT IS WINDOWS VISTA, NOT 7, AND THIS IS FIRST PAGE, WHEN SETUP.EXE STARTS.

HOWEWER, OTHER PROGRAMS SUCH AS WINDEPLOY ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR OTHER STEPS IN THE SETUP.

THIRD, LAST STAGE OF SETUP APPEARS AUTOMATICALLY AT EVERY START OF WINDOWS VISTA.

WHAT I WANT IS TO KEEP THIS FROM HAPPENING.

AND TO RUN WINDOWS WITHOUT SETUP, NORMALLY.

I WANT TO KNOW WHAT TO CHANGE TO STOP THIS STEP OF SETUP FROM LOADING AUTOMATICALLY.

MAYBE IN REGISTRY SOME SETTING. ;)

#6 Kirbyofdeath

Kirbyofdeath

• Members
  • 459 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:43 AM

Posted 03 October 2014 - 05:10 PM

Did you remove the cd from the drive?

#7 SYOB SYOT

SYOB SYOT
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2014 - 04:49 PM

OF COURSE I DID.

DVD IS NOT IN.

BUT, REGARDLESS TO WTHER THE DVD IS IN OR NOT, WHEN BOOTING FROM THE HARD DRIVE IT SHOULD NOT START SETUP. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users