A System Restore can remove some
malware infections, but you run the risk of infecting the restore points. For this reason it is best to address these infections with programs designed specifically for the removal of the infection.
Please run the following scans.
Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
. After clicking on the link the download will start automatically.
1) Double-click on mbam-setup.exe
, then click on Run
to install the application, follow the prompts through the installation.
2) Malwarebytes will automatically open. If this is the first time you have run this version of Malwarbytes you will see an image like the one below.
Click on Update Now
, after Malwarebytes is updated click on Scan
If this isn't the first time you have run this version, then you will see an image like the one below. Click on Scan
You will be prompted to update Malwarebytes, to do so click on Update Now
3) The scan will automatically run now.
4) When the scan is complete the results will be displayed. Click on Quarantine All
, then click on Apply Actions
5) To complete any actions taken you will be asked if you want to restart your computer, click on Yes
6) Please post the Malwarebytes log.
To find your Malwarebytes log,download mbam-check.exe
and save it to your desktop.
To open the log double click on mbam-check.exe
on your desktop. When the log opens, scroll down toward the bottom of the log to Quarantined Items
. Copy and paste this in your next post.
Please download AdwCleaner
and install it.
When AdwCleaner opens you will see an image like the one below.
Click on Scan
to start the scan.
Once the search is complete a list of the pending items will be displayed. If you see any which you do not want removed, remove the check mark next to it.
Click on Clean
to remove the selected items. If you have any questions about any items in the list please copy and paste the list in your topic so we can review it.
You will receive a message telling you that all programs will be closed so that the infections can be removed. Click on OK
When the cleaning process is complete a log of what was removed will be presented. Please copy and the paste this log in your topic.
________________________________________________________________Please run the ESET OnlineScan
This scan takes quite a long time to run, so be prepared to have the time to allow this to run till it is completed.
***Please note. If you run this scan using Internet Explorer you won't need to download the Eset Smartinstaller.***
- Click on this link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
- The ESET Online Scanner page will open, click on Yes, I agree to the trems of use, then click on Start, the scan will now begine.
- For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)
- Click on esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
- Double click on the icon on your desktop.
- Click the Start button.
- Accept any security warnings from your browser.
- Under scan settings, check "Scan Archives" and "Remove found threats"
- Click Advanced settings and select the following:
- Scan potentially unwanted applications
- Scan for potentially unsafe applications
- Enable Anti-Stealth technology
- ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.
- When the scan completes, click List Threats
- Click Export, and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
- Click the Back button.
- Click the Finish button.
Edited by Queen-Evie, 28 September 2014 - 01:27 PM.
moved from Windows 8 to Am I Infected