Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

laptop wont boot, in safe mode stuck at crcdisk.sys

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mariposa!

mariposa!

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:30 PM

Posted 27 September 2014 - 10:54 PM

I've seen many solutions suggested involving making a windows repair CD on another computer but the problem is, my CD/DVD drive doesnt read any disks for some reason (I actually sought help through this site over a year ago and no I havent gotten around to replacing the drive. I know I know....) 

So..... If my computer and / or my hard drive is just screwed and I should just buy a new one, please tell me there is a way to recover my files and photos.

No I have no backup either. 

I had an external hd that was my backup and that died and I lost everything, cds eventually go bad and I can't afford to pay for cloud storage so......as far as I'm concerned there is no true backup.....wah wah wahh

Anyhoo, would copying those repair cds onto a usb stick an option? Is there a way to set that up in bios? 

I haven't used the computer in months because I can't get it to boot and I don't recall for sure but I think I'm using windows vista ultimate, 64? Not sure if or what service pack ..its a gateway laptop t series. It was purchased second hand from someone. 

Thanks for any help if you can. 

:killcomp:  me before bleeping computer  :smash:  me after bleeping computer :bowdown:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noname1000

noname1000

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:30 PM

Posted 28 September 2014 - 12:42 AM

Hi. I use copy cloud storage. I will send you a referral and it will give you and me an extra 5gb of storage. I think you will have 20 gb with the referral. Plus you can get more if you refer other people. I work on computers some but only know some. But you can use Hirens boot cd which is free and boot from the cd and use some of the recover programs to get your data back if the hard drive is accessible. You can also run some programs on the disc to test your hard drive and see if it's bad. Only thing is your dvd drive won't let you, but if you could borrow someones dvd drive or put your hard drive in another laptop to test it you could without buying anything yet. As far as running from usb I am not familiar with your laptop but their probably is an option in your bios to boot from usb. I recently reinstalled vista on a dell desktop that was vista and had a bad dvd drive and reinstalled it with usb. I used poweriso to set up my usb but there is a free program called rufus that is portable so you don't have to install it that will set up your usb. But I think you have to make an iso file of your os to set it up. You could then use it to try to repair or reinstall your os but I would try to save my data and test my hard drive first. I also would hang on to your external hard drive too. You may take the drive out of it and later see if you can put it in a desktop or buy you a usb disk dock from ebay, as the drive may be good and the circuit board that connects your usb to your drive could be bad. I would know before I throw it away.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users