Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Having issues with multiple dllhost.exe files running and killing my bandwdth

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 stub00

stub00

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:49 PM

Posted 27 September 2014 - 09:53 PM

About a week ago I noticed the speed throught the house was slow.  Then I noticed things we not loading on firefox.  Opened the task manager and found about 20 dllhost.exe files running.  Looked up information on some boards and managed to get rid of it (or so I thought), but it showed back up today.  Got it under control somewhat again, but I know it is still somewhere on my computer.  Can anyone help with the please

Running windows 7 x64

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 LiquidTension

LiquidTension

• Malware Response Instructor
  • 1,278 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:49 PM

Posted 27 September 2014 - 10:37 PM

Hello, 

Your description matches that of sophisticated infection becoming increasingly common. I would suggest creating a new topic in the Malware Removal Logs section, where more advanced tools capable of detecting this infection are permitted. 

Please post back here with a link to your new topic. 

Thank you. 

Posted Image

#3 stub00

stub00
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:49 PM

Posted 27 September 2014 - 10:53 PM

posted in that section

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/549982/having-issues-with-multiple-dllhostexe-files-running-and-killing-my-bandwdth/

#4 LiquidTension

LiquidTension

• Malware Response Instructor
  • 1,278 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:49 PM

Posted 27 September 2014 - 10:56 PM

OK, good job. 

A member of the MRT will be along shortly to assist you. 

Good luck. 

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users