Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

avg warning of treat it cant remove

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 frickenrad

frickenrad

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:36 AM

Posted 27 September 2014 - 07:19 PM

c:\WINDOWS\system32\rpcss.dll ..............is the threat I  just recently received from avg. it cant be resolved or removed being it would affect my OP system.  ive got high cpu usage I would totally assume im infected. I'm not sure  how to remove the threat if I even can do that.  i'm not completely puter savvy but I can understand how things work.  if anyone has come across this same problem any advice to a solution is greatly appreciated.  thanks for any replies in advance.  For all I kno im dealing with a cheap threat that's not much to get rid of or it may be quite devastating.  ive been trying to research what I can when I can.  thanks to forums like these ive learned what I know.  thank you  

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HatchiNZ

HatchiNZ

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:36 AM

Posted 27 September 2014 - 07:30 PM

Try these instructions...

http://www.malwareremovalguides.info/how-to-remove-win32patched-rpcss-dll-virus/

#3 frickenrad

frickenrad
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 27 September 2014 - 07:32 PM

indeed thank you

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,762 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:36 AM

Posted 27 September 2014 - 07:43 PM

@ HatchiNZ

Instructions for posting advice in Am I Infected

Posting referral links to non-Bleeping Computer malware removal guides is NOT permitted with the exception of well known security vendors like Kaspersky, Symantec, etc which sometimes release specialized fix tools with instructional documentation. This is because there are far too many untrustworthy and scam sites which mis-classify detections or provide misleading information and poor removal advice. It is impractical for our staff to monitor and review all such guides for accuracy, therefore, we will not permit members helping others to refer to any of them.

For this reason your link has been disabled/removed.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#5 frickenrad

frickenrad
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 28 September 2014 - 11:57 AM

maleware didn't detect it anyway.  Ive been randomly researching a fix and found a manual fix.  I just needed a noncorrupt file which I now have. Hopefully after all the scans and updates it is taken care of. I did not resort to the manual fix yet.  Im the least bit experienced in registry edits so id like to stay away from that If possible.  all I know is the Trojan threat was blocked by avg and somehow eating up my cpu. after searching for hours it seems many others have experienced the same type of threat with different solutions.  So hopefully I somehow got rid of the threat with the automatic registry changes I allowed.  Thanks anyway for help

#6 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,762 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:36 AM

Posted 28 September 2014 - 04:08 PM

You can always post back if the problem resurfaces.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users