Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

19 Inch TFT DVI Monitor

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 Qas

Qas

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:38 PM

Posted 09 June 2006 - 06:47 PM

Hello i want a new screen a TFT DVI i want something good i want it to last with the best pictire i can get. I no nothing about screens i dont even no how much i get a 19inch for i was thinking 200 i would mind going to 20 - 21 inch for anohter 50 or so thanhs GBP

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Snapper

Snapper

• Members
  • 550 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:38 PM

Posted 10 June 2006 - 06:20 AM

you will find a lot of different prices and specifications that will make you even more confused. so be wary of the salesman! important things to look for>screen refresh rate, contrast ratio, WARRANTY, that was in caps because it is important. they play with the words and can be from 1 year to five years. when you spend a few hundreds bucks on sdomething, its nice to last a while. LG makes a nice monitor at a reasonable price, sony has some kick-butt gear. but check out our sponsers, then check locally. take your time, there is a lot to sift through!!
Google...Google.....browse..read

#3 DaveM59

DaveM59

Bleepin' Grandpa

• Members
  • 1,355 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:38 AM

Posted 10 June 2006 - 09:31 AM

Are you in the USA? I have two 19-inch Acers and my colleague here at work just bought one, all from Newegg (a sponsor). No dead pixels on any of them, lower price than many. I've seen them for under $200 after rebate lately.

#4 Qas

Qas
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2006 - 11:43 AM

Thanks Snapper

Can i just ask what would u call a good screen refersh rate, and ratio?

the warrenty how long shall i look for ?? 1 yr or 3 yr or more thanks (Do TFTs mess up quick :S)

Thanks

No DaveM59 i am not even i was i was i would buy them btw live in UK

Edited by Qas, 10 June 2006 - 11:47 AM.

#5 Qas

Qas
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2006 - 03:07 PM

Anyone please help thanks!