Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need video editing software

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 grelsner96

grelsner96

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:29 AM

Posted 27 September 2014 - 01:47 PM

So, I have been using avidemux for a long time and love it.  I just got another one, but it's not as good for simple, single file video editing and converting. What I need is a program like avidemux without all the crashing/bugs.  All I need it to do is cut parts of the video out, editing it; choosing which codec to use x264, xvid, etc. Being able to choose the container, AVI mp4 etc.  Being able to choose the quality of the video, CRF 10 CRF 20, etc.  I would like to be able to for example select an AVI file and cut out parts of it, change the quality to decrease file size, and be able to transcode or convert it to mp4 or AVI or etc.

Does anyone know a good one for this? I don't like the super advanced ones for movie-making because they want you to make multiple layers, transition between scenes, etc.  My videos all have one scene, one file....

Thanks in advance if anyone has a suggestion!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 GB2064

GB2064

• Members
  • 947 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:29 AM

Posted 27 September 2014 - 04:02 PM

It would be helpful to know what operating system you are using so that we could give you better advice.

But here is a link with some free software reviews.

http://www.techradar.com/us/news/software/applications/best-free-video-editing-software-9-top-programs-you-should-download-1136264

Edited by GB2064, 27 September 2014 - 04:16 PM.

#3 Guest_nickko_*

Guest_nickko_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 01 October 2014 - 10:02 AM

good afternoon dear grelsner96

i do a lot of video edit and rendering since 2009 with sony vegas pro 5

for two years now i am running sony vegas pro 8

the quality of the rendered videos is truly professional but the learning curve compared to other programs is a little hig

you can search trough ebay to find old versions of sony vegas and sony vegas pro (from remaining stock) at a very cheap price

also, you can check for sony vegas studio, a limited version of the pro

please, notice that you will need sony dvd architect (pro) or dvd architect studio to burn your dvd's or blue rays

again you can find through ebay both versions new or old at a very cheap price !!!!

certainly there so many other options but with the same money or much lower money you will buy something that is more than enough for you

#4 Shivang Goley

Shivang Goley

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  

Posted 16 October 2014 - 11:20 AM

Adobe AfterEffects is the best video software from Adobe. Try it http://www.adobe.com/in/products/aftereffects.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users