Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Clock_Watchdog_timeout win8.1 64bit

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 klown07

klown07

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:51 AM

Posted 27 September 2014 - 12:21 AM

Hello, new to the forum. I'm usually good at googling and finding answers to help myself. But this time, I need someone more knowledgable. I am including a Speccy Snapshot link. Well today I was playing The Vanishing of Ethan Carter on max settings. I also had a Firefox tab open and was uploading a video to Facebook. And, I also had Nvidia ShadowPlay on and was recording my gaming session. All of a sudden I got the Clock_WatchDog_Timeout BSOD. Then it stopped dumping at 45% I left the computer for awhile, came back, and was still stuck on 45% Probably a bad idea, but I then restarted my PC. I'm not too comfortable with trying to reproduce the same BSOD, did some googling, and decided to see if someone can help me pinpoint the issue. Is my CPU bad? I will admit I do have my CPU overclocked to 4.6ghz, but honestly don't even know if I did anything right. I'm not exactly a pro at overclocking. I don't have anything in the Minidump folder. How can I go about making Win 8.1 save dump files? Whatever info you need from me let me know. Thank you for your time!

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/hVKBFV328skk4ma6sbYcQDF

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jared44

Jared44

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 205 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:51 PM

Posted 27 September 2014 - 10:06 AM

You need to stop overclocking and see if the problem persists.

I can't do much witout a dump file unfortunately.

Edited by Jared44, 27 September 2014 - 10:07 AM.

#3 klown07

klown07
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:51 AM

Posted 28 September 2014 - 09:34 PM

Thanks for your time. I did restore the cpu to stock settings. So far haven't had that same error again yet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users