Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

98 to 100% disk usage when Pale Moon is open

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 RushSonic

RushSonic

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:05 AM

Posted 26 September 2014 - 08:49 PM

I have a Samsung Ativ Book 6 (model np680z5e-x01us) running Windows 8.1. The hard drive is 1 TB with a speed of 5400 rpm. Whenever I open Pale Moon, a fork of Firefox, the browser runs fine at first but when I add more than 5 tabs, the performance of my hard drive suffers. The disk usage goes up to 100% and this causes the browser to freeze for a few seconds. This happens repeatedly but I've noticed that it is more likely to happen when I have a site using Flash open. Then I have to go to the Task Manager and end task to close the browser. What can I do to keep this from happening? I never had this issue in Windows 7 with multiple windows open and at least twenty tabs shared between them.

Computer:

HD: Samsung Spinpoint M8 HN-M101MBB

HD size:1 TB (907 GB, 761 GB free)

HD speed: 5400 rpm

Ram: 8 GB

Browser: Pale Moon x64 v. 24.7.2

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rockysosua

rockysosua

• Members
  • 772 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:05 AM

Posted 26 September 2014 - 10:07 PM

I've given up on using flash player in Firefox.

I block it and use IE or Chrome to view anything with flash content.

The problem with using flash with FF, is that the ram consumption grows and grows like it has a life of its own and eventually, you're on the edge of a crash.

I stopped using flash in FF around 3 years ago and that solved my problem.

All is well in Paradise.

#3 RushSonic

RushSonic
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:05 AM

Posted 27 September 2014 - 02:40 PM

I would do that but unfortunately I need that Flash Player for a course I take. They do not have a HTML5 alternative. I turned off software acceleration in Flash because some videos would just appear with a green screen. Any other suggestions?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users