Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Adding members to a private Yahoogroups list?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 saluqi

saluqi

• Members
  • 622 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:31 PM

Posted 26 September 2014 - 07:33 PM

I have recently created a private Yahoogroups list for internal communication within a small nonprofit organization devoted to training and developing service dogs.  Private Yahoogroups lists seem to be invitation-only, which is fine - except that several of the prospective members seem unable to navigate the invitation-response process.  They are asking me to add their names to the list myself (I am the list owner) but I've not been able to figure out how to do that.  The normal process is to issue an invitation (I have done that) and for the invited person then to log into Yahoo with a Yahoo ID and then accept the invitation.  My prospective members don't seem to be able to do that, in spite of repeated explanations.  They want me to do it for them, and I'm not sure that's possible.

So does anyone know how to do that?

If this is not the right forum for this question, please redirect me.

Thanks,

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,409 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:31 PM

Posted 27 September 2014 - 07:03 AM

I'd suggest sending an invitation to another account you have and document the process they need to go through.  It really shouldn't be much more difficult clicking a link.

#3 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:31 PM

Posted 27 September 2014 - 10:29 AM

http://www.wikihow.com/Join-a-Yahoo!-Group might help 

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users