Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New hd hanging at starting windows screen need help plz

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Userunknown10101

Userunknown10101

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 26 September 2014 - 06:15 PM

I have a custom gaming pc my specs are: biostar main board with a amd atholon 270 x2 3.4 gh, 750 ti gpu, seagate 500gb hd optical drive is now a sony cd/DVD burner , 8 gigs ram. When I load os it loads windows files then goes to the starting windows screen and will stay at that screen forever without progressing. I have tried these steps to bypass I've removed one ram at a time I've bypassed the gpu completely and used VGA directly from main board I've replaced the optical drive I've even taken everything out withering and all to make sure that if it was a lose cable it is not now. But still it hangs at the startibg windows screen. I've looked at the main board to visually inspect that the transistors are not blown. Which they are not. When I call each manufacturer they place blame on everything else that is not from them so I had my pc at best buy did a diagnostics everything checks out fine. And was told that it should work yet I'm still at the same screen. Can anyone kindly give anymore addvice if things to try?????

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 badr0b0t

badr0b0t

• Members
  • 328 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:07 AM

Posted 26 September 2014 - 06:54 PM

Try power draining your PC to get out of the startup loop. Unplug all peripherals (monitor, keyboard, mouse etc. including power cable). Then press the power button for 30 sec or longer. This will drain all the residual power in your system. Then put everything back together and reboot. No guarantee but worth trying. It saved me once before.

Edited by badr0b0t, 26 September 2014 - 06:55 PM.

sig07.gif?psid=1

(Click sig to enlarge.)                                                    

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users