Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

flatscreen usb

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 rhamaxis

rhamaxis

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 26 September 2014 - 05:47 AM

Dont know if this is a common problem but... I set the parental controls on my flatscreen years back and forgot the code. is there a way to reset it or hack the tv via usb? Its a rca 22"

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,724 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:44 AM

Posted 26 September 2014 - 07:13 PM

From here: http://www.tvblanket.com/how-to-unlock-your-tv-parental-control-password/

RCA TV Parental Reset Code: First select parental control from the menu. You will be asked to enter your password. Press and hold the “volume +” and “channel +” buttons on your television (not the remote) for 8 seconds. You will see a message that the parental controls have been unlocked.

Like the author says. "A note to parents: If you are wondering if your kids have reset the password, it is easy to determine. Whenever a master password is used to reset a TV or DVR the old password is no longer valid. So if your old password still works, you kids have not read this page. However, if your old password does not work you may want to have a chat with your son or daughter!"

So be warned kids don't try this at home if you don't want to suffer the consequences. :)

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 rhamaxis

rhamaxis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 27 September 2014 - 11:13 PM

Thanks alot man been tryin for years and no worries just gotta make sure my kid doesnt

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,724 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:44 AM

Posted 28 September 2014 - 01:33 PM

You're quite welcome on behalf of the Bleeping Computer community.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users