Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Total laptop bejiggered....help please

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Gareth633

Gareth633

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 AM

Posted 26 September 2014 - 04:31 AM

Acer V3 771- Windows 7.
Hi, I'm new to this forum and welcome any feedback. Last week I was attempting to connect my Samsung Galaxy S4 to my acer laptop and couldn't figure why Device Stage wasn't opening (this is not my main problem, please read on)
I went into device manager and found that the drivers for USB controller and Ethernet controller were not installed. I clicked to fix online but was not able to fix. Windows troubleshooter advised to insert system disc that came with the computer, I did this then had to go to work.
When I came back my system had completely reformatted, a total reload of windows 7
Now in device manager none of the device controllers are working, Ethernet, network, PCI, PCI simple comms, SM Bus, USB Seriel Bus, all have the yellow exclamation mark.
I tried to fix by going online but can't connect to my internet as I get an Error 651 message.
It's a complete mess.
As you can tell I'm not at all tech savvy. Any help, if just guidance to get me online, would be be gratefully received.
(sent from my friend's computer)

Edit: Moved topic from Web Browsing/Email and Other Internet Applications to the more appropriate forum.~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,395 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:45 PM

Posted 26 September 2014 - 12:23 PM

What printing is on your system disk, please?

Do you have a disk that is described as the "drivers disk"?

Do you have access to another system?

Driver Webpage

Louis

#3 rockysosua

rockysosua

• Members
  • 772 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:45 AM

Posted 26 September 2014 - 12:26 PM

You may need to use another computer to download all the appropriate drivers from the link that Hamluis posted above, then transfer them over with a USB thumb drive or external drive.

All is well in Paradise.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users