- Internet from Comcast. I used to have a dedicated Comcast modem, but they "upgraded" me to an integral modem/router. Probably works great for others, but issues for me as I have several networked servers.
- Phone from Comcast. Plugs into the above modem.
- TV from Comcast. Two separate Comcast TV modem.
- Step one. Get rid of the integrated Comcast Modem/Router. They no longer rent them so I will need to buy. Recommended models? Will it work for just Internet of phone also? Note Step Two which might make the phone part no longer needed.
- Step two. Phone by Ooma. I assume it will work with above modem, right? I have a new Netgear Nighthawk router.
- Step three. Get my wife to agree on Internet TV. Probably will never happen.
- Step four. Consider Frontier who recently brought fiber to our home. Depends on step three. Obviously my Step 1 modem won't work, but that is okay.
Edited by hamluis, 25 September 2014 - 08:39 PM.
Moved from Networking to ISPs - Hamluis.